6th generation Accord top selling Accord to date

Aztec

Reaction score
I've been looking at sales figures from the past few years and it seems Honda has sold more Accords from 1998-2002 than any other year, Honda managed to sell more than 400,000 units between 1998 to 2001 and 397,204 in 2002. The Accord was also the best selling car in America for 2001 beating the Camry.

The lowest sales ever were between 2008-2012 when only about 200,000 units were sold each year due to the economic crisis. 12 years later Accord was able to become the best selling car again in 2013 but the sales figures weren't as high as 2001 being unable to make the 400,000 mark which was easily met from 98-01'.

The reason why the 6th gen was so popular when debuted was probably because it was actually the first "true" midsize vehicle Honda ever released, the 5th gen accord never grew in size after the 4th gen, only in width, and so it was still classified as a "compact midsize".

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0883576.html

GERM

Reaction score
Nice!
the accord is the best selling car here in California, according to the new accord commercial here.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I always thought that the CB chasis (the 4th gen '90~'93) was the best selling Accords to this date. (This was when Honda was winning the F1 grad prix in the early 90's, and I remember that the 4th gen Accords were literally everywhere. I also remember seeing Accords, Inspire in JPN, and Vigor w/ the multi-reflector headlights was very sensational to me at that time.

It's good to know this, and it really makes me proud to be the 6gen owner. The fact that Honda started to extend the production length by 1 more year, ever since after the 5th generation, has also contributed its sales imo. Also, the 6th generation was their first time to "really" distinguish its designs between sedan & coupe. (The only common exterior parts they share are only headlights, emblems, and maybe windshield wiper arms 'n blades + spray nozzles iirc.)

Nice!
the accord is the best selling car here in California, according to the new accord commercial here.
Iirc, 6gen Accord coupe was designed in California. I wonder if the later model Accord coupes were/are also the same.

Emphasis

Reaction score
Definitely no surprise. I see more 6th gen accords than just about anything

Sadly, I tend not to see them in so good condition. And I'm talking just in appearance and maintenance perspective.

Back