Car Grumbling, lower idle for a few seconds *Troubleshoot*

Nowheremon

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX I4 4-door sedan. The car hasn't been the greatest to us. I'll be honest. We had to replace the transmission (2nd gear, what a surprise) after the transmission recall period was over, the ECU failed on us, it eats brakes, and it has a slight oil leak.

The issue is the car "grumbles" every once in a while and we can't figure out what to do to fix it. It's like a miss. We replaced/or cleaned/fixed:

Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires (and boots)
Distributor Cap and Rotor (it was mangled from 110k miles)
Air filter back to OEM (Dumb CAI on from factory)
Throttle body (cleaned)

and the noise still finds it's way every once in a while. Here is a video showing what I am talking about. https://youtu.be/0mkPfV3bqVs

Can you help me find out what the heck is going on??? :banghead:

kn0x47

Reaction score
yeah i'd say clean your iacv too. if its eating brakes then you probably have a seized caliper

Nowheremon

Reaction score
Seized caliper front left. Rebuilt that one thank you all. Will clean IACV Tomorrow... Wife ran a ccleaner run and deleted all the passwords. Sorry for the delayed thank you.

Nowheremon

Reaction score
So this is a LITTLE delayed, but cleaning the IACV, along with the whole intake manifold solved all brake and running problems. The intake was black with all the crap the cone air intake brought in. I'll never run an oiled CAI again, let alone a CAI!

Thank you all for your help. The intake manifold was terribly dirtty.

Now the braking performance has also massively increased.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
U put way to much oil on then. You must of absolutely soaked it for oil to track all the way up your pipe. The accord intake manifold will get dirty regardless what kind of intake u have.

Nowheremon

Reaction score
U put way to much oil on then. You must of absolutely soaked it for oil to track all the way up your pipe. The accord intake manifold will get dirty regardless what kind of intake u have.

I realize that now :). I just followed K&N directions back then.

Back