Frankensteins Official Thread

capsidx

Reaction score
I don’t think they make them yet. I will check but to be honest my next swap is for sure going to be a j series with a 6 speed

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I don’t think they make them yet. I will check but to be honest my next swap is for sure going to be a j series with a 6 speed
One of my latest issues of Honda Tech, showed a video of them doing a K24T in a 98 Civic. They swapped in for just over $3K as a comparison against doing a B swap. They used an Accord engine for the swap.
They also had an Accord (5th gen) they were doing.

datechboss101

Reaction score

Since you are in florida now, you should look into the J30 from the 7th gen... I think that J30 fits in the 6th gens.

capsidx

Reaction score
That’s a little bit of a stretch lol. So an update for those who care lol. I may be trading frankenstein for a dc2 integra. Should be finalized in about two weeks. The dc2 has a b20 swap with B20 5 speed. Should be an interesting second project if it falls through. Thoughts?
25ec817868c2550c689af71b8b22d36e.jpg

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Frank is yours and you made him...don't give that up...[emoji19]

capsidx

Reaction score
Frankenstein was a point a to point b car when I got him, that’s true. But honestly the integra has more potential. If I would have swapped in an f20b in the integra I probably wouldnt need much more since it’s much lighter than a cg. It’s a better platform to build performance wise. I could make the cg handle and drive just as good but it would be a lot more work, time and money. It just makes sense. I’ve wanted an integra since I was like 13.

I’ll see what happens in two weeks. If he bails so be it. If not I’ll always take a prelude lol

capsidx

Reaction score
Yea I’m definitely hoping I can scrape the money together to get it done. The dude seems sold on the cg so I’m stoked. Although these guys always seem to back out at the last minute. Makes me paranoid so I try to get the trades done as fast as possible. Honestly if this doesn’t work out I’m keeping the cg and just buying an integra. I bought the 2014 Acura steering wheel yesterday in the hopes of motivating myself to start that 2014 tl dash retrofit in the cg but looks like I’ll have to abandon that. Just when things were starting to look up for frankenstein too lol.

But like I said, the dc2 is just a better platform to start with rather than the cg. Although this cg has been amazing since the f20b swap. I’ll probably yank the B20 out and sell it, buy the same engine trans combo I have now and cram it in the dc2. F20b with 94 prelude si m2s4 manual trans.

e1cef1fb2111073bf9de91e4cf30e9f6.jpg

Back