Help!! Slammed accord down.

LASICGARAGECG

Reaction score
Was driving my accord home from work and hit a hard *** bump on these nasty Houston street. Drove a minute down to the local oriellys and the oil light started flashing. I immediately shut off the car and checked the oil pan and oil but they were both good. Meaning oil is topped out and no leaking from the oil pan. My pan is dented in from being low but I’m in need of help diagnosing what’s making my oil light stay on in my 99 accord 2.3l. Please help! Also I need tips on how to remove oil pressure switch line with out breaking it. What do you guys think the problem could be that started to cause my oil light to flash and now is constantly on

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you might've bent the pan up enough so that it's up against the intake for the oil pump and is cutting off the supply.

capsidx

Reaction score
This ^^ there’s really no other way it would be on unless the pressure switch is faulty but if it stays in you shouldn’t be driving anyways. Just pull the pan and see if the pickup is ok. If it’s not then you’ll need a new oil pickup gasket, tube and oil pan. Best case is the dented spot in the pan is just inhibiting the flow. What side is the dent on?

Back