Rattle When Accelerating: catalytic converter

lltradell

Reaction score
bumpin this thread... new cat came in the mail. got my heatshield off with some liquid wrench but omfg those cat bolts are so rusted lol

I used "penetrate" spray. came off kinda easy. all bolts are easy to get to except for the rear one thats on top. start with that one first and everything else will be a breeze.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
got the same thing lol, couldn't rev past 4k, got a new cat magnaflow hi flow last year, drove for awhile i say about a year, now i got a damn cel code p0420 or whatever.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
got the same thing lol, couldn't rev past 4k, got a new cat magnaflow hi flow last year, drove for awhile i say about a year, now i got a damn cel code p0420 or whatever.

are you getting crappy mileage / loss of power?

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have a new cat waiting to go on, but I know my bolts will be in the same shape as many other's on here....not looking forward to trying to get them off.

JEER42

Reaction score
I have a new cat waiting to go on, but I know my bolts will be in the same shape as many other's on here....not looking forward to trying to get them off.

Spray some PB Blaster on the bolts the night before you take them off.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I think I read, probably in this thread, that that was suggested.

Thanks for the tip.

Derek i don't know how yours will be but mine after about 180k on the car were not just rust and seized up but somewhat had welded themselves on. I sprayed everything you can imagine on them for a week prior to going to Chi's to get the cat replaced and nothing...ended up cutting and welding on a new flange.

Back