SRS light turned on..

noelaorozco

Reaction score
so i went to get a smog check and turns out i need to get the egr valve cleaned or replaced, but as soon as i left i noticed the srs light was on. So after a day of driving and it not going away im kinda worried because i know its the airbag light. I did get the safety recall done for the airbag a while back but not sure what could be the issue now, any ideas?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The SRS light came on as soon as you left your house to go get the smog check? Or the SRS light came on as soon as you left the place where you received the smog check?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Then they tripped it if it wasn’t on before. I’d take the car back, tell them they tripped your SRS light, and that if you clear it and it comes back on, they have to pay for whatever the fix is.

As for the EGR, before you buy a new unit try cleaning it. There is a DIY.

noelaorozco

Reaction score
hmm gotta it back and get it settled then. but yeah i cleaned the valve itself a few weeks back but its probably gonna have to take the carbon from the intake part for it to pass, thanks though!

Emphasis

Reaction score
Has the light ever turned on before for you? What exactly did they do during that smog check?

Try doing what is stated in this thread to see if the light comes back after being reset -- http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166

If you do wind up going back, be prepared to have them say that they had nothing to do with it, since the car wasn't brought back immediately, if it was in-fact them.

Also, if it's your end solution; call your local Honda dealership and find out if SRS diagnosis is free of charge. Mine was free, when the issue apparently had to do with a seat-belt buckle.

noelaorozco

Reaction score
nah it hasnt happened before, and all they did was plug in to under the dash and run the codes but only the emissions one came out. but yeah id figure they would do that but thank, ill try resetting it and if it continues i think taking it to Honda would be best.

Back