Adding a turbo to my car

Antrax

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the site and thought this was the best place to post this. So I want to add a TurboCharger to my 98 Honda Accord but I need help since this would be my first Turbo car ever. I have a part list but I feel like I'm missing or have incorrect parts, I'm not looking for a whole lot of power since it'll be my first Turbo car and just don't want to spend a lot on it then go and f*** it up. I'll probably get torn apart for this but oh well lol, oh and what would be the best website to get the parts from? Was thinking about Speed-Daddy but it seems kinda sketchy to me

98 Honda Accord F23A 2.3L
Not sure what Turbo
T3 Cast TurboCharger Manifold - $100
TurboCharger Manifold Wastegate - $85
Downpipe Exhaust
O2 Sensor Extension
Turbo Oil Feed/Return Line
Air Intake
Intercooler
BOV (any recommendations)
Missing Link (ECU)
Oil Catch Can
PVC Filter
Boost & Air Fuel Gauge
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Management

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Don't use missing link or fmu do it right spend money and you will be happy. I had plans to boost but went nitrous instead cuz I got a good deal on a kit. You need a stand alone ecu to tune it. Oh ya buy quality parts and good turbo stay away from ebay no name crap. Stay far far faaaaaaaaaaaaar away from speed daddy it's all garbage. At least 5 grand to do it properly.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Is the car manual or auto? If the latter you will want to convert it before bothering with forced induction.

Lots of turbo threads here, check them out to see what components others have used for their setup.

Antrax

Reaction score
Don't use missing link or fmu do it right spend money and you will be happy. I had plans to boost but went nitrous instead cuz I got a good deal on a kit. You need a stand alone ecu to tune it. Oh ya buy quality parts and good turbo stay away from ebay no name crap. Stay far far faaaaaaaaaaaaar away from speed daddy it's all garbage. At least 5 grand to do it properly.
I'll search around but any good websites where I can buy a kit or parts? eBay was not my go to place, oh and the car is Manual 5 speee. Previous owners put a new engine but has about 80k miles on it now

604ACCORD

Reaction score
This was the one I was debating on getting
https://m.turbokits.com/honda/accord/turbo_kits/TSI_Extreme_Turbo_Kit/262/

Gradfien

Reaction score

I agree I started out doing everything as cheap as possible. Two turbos and a couple oil leaks later I finally started to learn. I personally didn't care for the cast manifold, the flanges were too thick for stock studs. Did go straight to engine management at least. Some of the ebay stuff works but don't be surprised if you have to replace it down the road with quality. I can't say I have personal experience but most turbo kits don't seem to be all inclusive.

Last edited:
Back