Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > General > Off Topic > Life Lessons

Life Lessons Members discussing how to deal with aspects of the daily grind

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 PM
GoldnKnight22's Avatar
GoldnKnight22 GoldnKnight22 is offline
TWM:TLMF


Points: 46,648, Level: 66 Points: 46,648, Level: 66 Points: 46,648, Level: 66
Activity: 84% Activity: 84% Activity: 84%
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Methuen, MA
Age: 32
Posts: 7,730
Rep Power: 151
GoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit together
Member Photo Albums
Re: Your dream job....

I'd be a car designer for a major automotive company. That would be awesome. And will also never happen.

But I don't think I'll even have a job that I LOVE going to. Unless it's a job that just pays so well that I don't have to love what I do, but I'd love the paycheck. Yeah... that's more like it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 PM
DarkSideAccord's Avatar
DarkSideAccord DarkSideAccord is online now
nadeshiko fobz ftw..


Points: 129,589, Level: 100 Points: 129,589, Level: 100 Points: 129,589, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Age: 37
Posts: 17,553
Rep Power: 102
DarkSideAccord should be someone you can trustDarkSideAccord should be someone you can trustDarkSideAccord should be someone you can trust
Re: Your dream job....

big paycheck is nice (something I do not have right now ), but if it starts interfering with your quality of life, f*ck tht
__________________

Originally Posted by Sketch o5 View Post
roy could live in Monaco, have won multimillion lotteries 7 times and hit $500k profit at a casino once a month, and he'll still be living in a ghetto and broke as fuck.

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Raul's Avatar
Raul Raul is offline
Senior Member
Points: 13,469, Level: 35 Points: 13,469, Level: 35 Points: 13,469, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 32
Posts: 1,064
Rep Power: 49
Raul is somewhat reliable
Re: Your dream job....

Originally Posted by RackedOut View Post
CRNA is abbreviated for certified registered nurse anesthetist. Ill be passing anesthesia meds before, during and after surgeries. I decided to turn my affinity for drugs into something useful. Its my dream job because i get to do nursing all while making a lot of money. Its on of the highest paying nursing positions. Ill be 33ish making 200k a year doing what i love.
wow 200k yearly? Sign me up haha. Although I never did drugs....

Originally Posted by DarkSideAccord View Post
Wht's a coop analyst?
An analyst who is university student who was hired to crunch boring numbers in MS Access and Excel. I really hate Access but I need to learn it.

Originally Posted by 20-CG5-01 View Post
A pimp.....
lol yea....a pimp with toyota and lexus parts. I could get discounts on them!

Originally Posted by GoldnKnight22 View Post
I'd be a car designer for a major automotive company. That would be awesome. And will also never happen.

But I don't think I'll even have a job that I LOVE going to. Unless it's a job that just pays so well that I don't have to love what I do, but I'd love the paycheck. Yeah... that's more like it.

Originally Posted by DarkSideAccord View Post
big paycheck is nice (something I do not have right now ), but if it starts interfering with your quality of life, f*ck tht
to both of you: Investment Banker. 200K+ average salary with 80/90 hours per week
__________________
1998 CG2(Retired)
2004 Ford Mustang V6 Vert 5MT (Current)
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (Spring/Summer/Fall Toy)
Pioneer HU & NAVI Review
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 AM
SykVSyx's Avatar
SykVSyx SykVSyx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 55,031, Level: 72 Points: 55,031, Level: 72 Points: 55,031, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tee Dot Ohh
Posts: 13,907
Rep Power: 104
SykVSyx has their shit togetherSykVSyx has their shit togetherSykVSyx has their shit together
Re: Your dream job....

Justice of the Peace.

It's my career goal and the salary is pretty sweet as well.

If that doesn't work out, I will become a US citizen and play the Powerball Lottery and go from there.

__________________
J30 + stock auto(past) > J35 + Oddy(present) > 10/21/14 - RIP......Aegean Blue Pearl(future) - ANY QUESTIONS?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM
98ExAccordwv's Avatar
98ExAccordwv 98ExAccordwv is offline
I'm Old


Points: 23,561, Level: 47 Points: 23,561, Level: 47 Points: 23,561, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WV
Age: 32
Posts: 2,641
Rep Power: 61
98ExAccordwv is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Re: Your dream job....

^Haha to the last part

Pediatrician or Engineer. Have actually been considering heading back to school
__________________
^^^ Clicky ^^^

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:32 AM
RedRyder's Avatar
RedRyder RedRyder is offline
Be a better driver


Points: 73,825, Level: 84 Points: 73,825, Level: 84 Points: 73,825, Level: 84
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fawking, OH
Posts: 19,104
Rep Power: 141
RedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit together
Member Photo Albums
Re: Your dream job....

^Would that be pretty difficult now that you have a kid?

Originally Posted by hiddengamer7 View Post
That sounds terrible, I would get bored so fast
So true. I would have no sense of fulfillment either.

Originally Posted by CrosCntryAccord View Post
I like my job, I like the freedom I have to teach how and what I want, I like the lack of governmental bureaucracy. All that being said I'm planning to go back and get my masters soon and either come back and work here afterwards or get a job at a public school and try to double my salary now.
My wife teaches early education, loves it because she basically was hired to build a new program for them, plus summers off is awesome. She is also debating getting a public school job to make more money though, she is at a private school right now. She doesn’t like getting paid so little since she has a masters. She has also thought about going into nursing instead, which also pays better.

Originally Posted by GoldnKnight22 View Post
I'd be a car designer for a major automotive company. That would be awesome. And will also never happen.

But I don't think I'll even have a job that I LOVE going to. Unless it's a job that just pays so well that I don't have to love what I do, but I'd love the paycheck. Yeah... that's more like it.
I was set on being a car designer, which is why I went to school for industrial design. I took a transportation track and enrolled in two trans studios. GM and Chrysler took turns sponsoring us, so we would work closely with designers from both companies. I learned from that experience that being a car designer is not as glamorous as it sounds, there is a TON of bureaucracy and red tape. And people who work on the interior only design individual pieces, like a seat, or an HVAC panel, or the steering wheel. If you work on the outside, you’re on a team and you have to deal with tons of EPA, NHTSA, etc regs. Which is why awesome concept cars turn out to be boring production cars 90% of the time. Very difficult to execute your vision of what a car should look like.

If you want a good car design job, you have to basically work for Pagani or the like, where they are essentially above that crap.

Originally Posted by DarkSideAccord View Post
…but if it starts interfering with your quality of life, f*ck tht
This. Not worth having a high paying job that interferes with your life too much.
__________________


Last edited by RedRyder; 10-16-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
98ExAccordwv's Avatar
98ExAccordwv 98ExAccordwv is offline
I'm Old


Points: 23,561, Level: 47 Points: 23,561, Level: 47 Points: 23,561, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WV
Age: 32
Posts: 2,641
Rep Power: 61
98ExAccordwv is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Re: Your dream job....

Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
^Would that be pretty difficult now that you have a kid?
It'd be very difficult. But we'd be able to swing it, and afterwards it would pay off.
__________________
^^^ Clicky ^^^

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 PM
MoneyPit's Avatar
MoneyPit MoneyPit is offline
Senior Member
Points: 11,567, Level: 32 Points: 11,567, Level: 32 Points: 11,567, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abaddon
Posts: 586
Rep Power: 51
MoneyPit is more helpful than most
Re: Your dream job....

Originally Posted by RackedOut View Post
CRNA is abbreviated for certified registered nurse anesthetist. Ill be passing anesthesia meds before, during and after surgeries. I decided to turn my affinity for drugs into something useful. Its my dream job because i get to do nursing all while making a lot of money. Its on of the highest paying nursing positions. Ill be 33ish making 200k a year doing what i love.
Before I start, please understand that I fully respect your aspirations, and I applaud you for the notion of turning something destructive in your life into something humanistic.

With that said, though, and with all seriousness, I think you should reconsider those goals. I am intimately familiar with the stats in regards to physician anesthesiologists (DO's and MD's) and addiction, and the dismal reality is that 1/3 of them end up trying/abusing hardcore prescription medications before their career ends. With your "affinity for drugs," as you put it, choosing the field of anesthesiology as a career is no better than choosing to befriend and spend majority of your time with addicts who actively do drugs in your presence, and in all reality, it may be worse because the medications associated with medicine hide behind a cloak of deceit that whispers "they aren't as bad because they are prescribed everyday."

I know that you are likely very confident in your ability to resist temptation, but just remember - 1 in 3 of the numerous anesthesiologists that lose their license, family, respect, and/or life did too. With your history, there is no environment that you could place yourself into that could surpass the temptation you will be exposed to in the field of anesthesia.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 PM
CrosCntryAccord's Avatar
CrosCntryAccord CrosCntryAccord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 57,493, Level: 74 Points: 57,493, Level: 74 Points: 57,493, Level: 74
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arlington TX
Age: 33
Posts: 8,297
Rep Power: 116
CrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit togetherCrosCntryAccord has their shit together
Send a message via AIM to CrosCntryAccord
Re: Your dream job....

I think that if he is in a good support system and, from when we've hung out, he doesn't have a problem controlling himself.

1/3 of those who lose their license, not 1/3 of ALL nurse anesthetists
__________________
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Wow this video really changed my mind. Know what? I think the Holocaust and 911 were both conspiracies too.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
DarkSideAccord's Avatar
DarkSideAccord DarkSideAccord is online now
nadeshiko fobz ftw..


Points: 129,589, Level: 100 Points: 129,589, Level: 100 Points: 129,589, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Age: 37
Posts: 17,553
Rep Power: 102
DarkSideAccord should be someone you can trustDarkSideAccord should be someone you can trustDarkSideAccord should be someone you can trust
Re: Your dream job....

Originally Posted by MoneyPit View Post
Before I start, please understand that I fully respect your aspirations, and I applaud you for the notion of turning something destructive in your life into something humanistic.

With that said, though, and with all seriousness, I think you should reconsider those goals. I am intimately familiar with the stats in regards to physician anesthesiologists (DO's and MD's) and addiction, and the dismal reality is that 1/3 of them end up trying/abusing hardcore prescription medications before their career ends. With your "affinity for drugs," as you put it, choosing the field of anesthesiology as a career is no better than choosing to befriend and spend majority of your time with addicts who actively do drugs in your presence, and in all reality, it may be worse because the medications associated with medicine hide behind a cloak of deceit that whispers "they aren't as bad because they are prescribed everyday."

I know that you are likely very confident in your ability to resist temptation, but just remember - 1 in 3 of the numerous anesthesiologists that lose their license, family, respect, and/or life did too. With your history, there is no environment that you could place yourself into that could surpass the temptation you will be exposed to in the field of anesthesia.
tht explains the high pay... the higher the risks, the higher the pay.. it all makes sense now
__________________

Originally Posted by Sketch o5 View Post
roy could live in Monaco, have won multimillion lotteries 7 times and hit $500k profit at a casino once a month, and he'll still be living in a ghetto and broke as fuck.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3