6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4 [Six speed content]

Good luck man! See ya at IA. I'm thinking about doing a V6 swap sometime down the road , where'd you find your tranny at ?

Thanks man. I found my tranny and starter on j32a. Bought it from a local guy. The best thing to do is look on forums for something local, car-part, or have your mechanic source one. I drove out to the guy's house and picked it up in my Accord, the tranny you can fit in the trunk no problem, and the 6spd is so much lighter.

That's the thing Im afraid of. Doing a MT swap and barely knowing how to drive, lol. Ive seen vids on YouTube and it does look like a different car. Who knows, maybe in a few years, ill be one of the few with a 6spd J32. I can only hope, lol.

Meh, don't be skert. ;) You can learn no prob, just gotta get it right once and you're good. You won't mess anything up. I will be learning all over again and then driving 5.5 hours, haha. So I know what you're feeling. Take that bull by the horns and knee it in the balls, I say. If that were at all anatomically possible...

The thing about swapping is you'll never make your money back. But if you keep the car for a long time, it's worth it. I personally don't ever plan on selling this car, because it's worth way more to me than I'll ever be able to sell it for. Yeah it's worth swapping the motor at the same time if you can, because everything has to come out anyway. Kind of like how it makes sense to change the water pump when you do the timing belt maintenance.

Congrats although what is this 6 > 4 gibberish? :ohyou:

My intention with the title is, 6spd MT > 4spd auto. Not V6 > i4. Though Derek's interpretation may be different. lol

If you have to ask, you will never understand.

:lawl:

Good luck with the swap.
I'll be using the write up for sure:driving:

Should be an end all guide, between thorough notes and photos. I'll be on camera duty. :)

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score

Sweet Chris! Congrats bud. I can only imagine your excitement haha. Are you going to be helping on the car pretty much the whole time you're in Chicago? If you're actually in the city, there is some good grub to be had. Although I guess if you live in OH you've probably driven up for a weekend before

J30MAN

Reaction score

Congrats. Cant wait to see the write up. And the finished product. Post some gear ripping ids when your done :thumbup:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Excited to see the progress man!

Thanks, won't be long...

Sweet Chris! Congrats bud. I can only imagine your excitement haha. Are you going to be helping on the car pretty much the whole time you're in Chicago? If you're actually in the city, there is some good grub to be had. Although I guess if you live in OH you've probably driven up for a weekend before

Thank you, Cody! Yeah I didn't get a lot done at work today, lol.

After Rich said he wanted to document the process I said I'd like to stick around the shop and help. He said he would prefer that. Probably late evening I'll go back to the hotel for the night, then head back to his place early in the morning each day. I plan on spending the majority of each day there.

I lived and worked in Chicago for 7 months while I was in college (co-op), there is definitely some good eatin' there. I have yet to find out where the car will be reborn. :D

Congrats. Cant wait to see the write up. And the finished product. Post some gear ripping ids when your done :thumbup:

I'll post some videos when I get good at driving standard, lol. :)

Back