Honda wants my car...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Got home from work tonight and found this letter in my mailbox.

--------------
Private Notice: Special Test Market

Please review the following information carefully:

Performance Honda is conducting a special test market pricing and financing event. Your status as a Performance Honda special test market customer qualifies you for this private sale.

We are in desperate need to acquire several pre-owned 1999 Honda Accords by the close of business on Sunday, April 11th, in order to fulfill special used vehicle requests. Our records indicate you own one of these vehicles and I have authorized my new car managers to buy back your current vehicle.

We would like to exchange your 1999 Honda Accord for any new 2010 Honda or pre-owned car, truck, van or suv. With factory incentives and generous trade-in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange with little or no out of pocket expense and with a montly payment that fits your budget.

Please schedule a convenient appointment and allow us the opportunity to make you an offer. A visual inspection of your vehicle is required to assess its value.

Due to the nature of this event and your status as a customer of Performance Honda, this event will not be advertised to the general public. This will be your only notification.

--------------

There is no Honda I would trade my car for, but I was thinking of just seeing what it is worth to them out of curiosity. Then again with the mods it probably wouldn't go over too well lol.

Perhaps the Acura dealership across the street is in on this [read TL]...:lawl:

Last edited:

NASOHC

Reaction score
^ not. The do this all the time to get you to trade in your old car for a newer one.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
lol sounds like spam... it says new vehicle with little to no cost... that sounds like "yes you will have to pay for a new car, im just gonna fluff this up so you dont think so"

PureZ

Reaction score
+1. I got this for about 3 of my cars. Its a sly marketing ploy to get you to lease another vehicle. The economy is so bad they'll give "incentives" to anyone anyway.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^ not. The do this all the time to get you to trade in your old car for a newer one.

+1. I got this for about 3 of my cars. Its a sly marketing ploy to get you to lease another vehicle. The economy is so bad they'll give "incentives" to anyone anyway.

Yeah. Why say '99 Accords specifically? It's definitely marketing.

should do it just to see what they would give you for it.... :lawl:

I'm thinking about it lol. It would also be funny after they give me their offer to say...well thank you for your time gentlemen, but there is nothing on this lot that I would trade this machine for.

BMwiththeADD

Reaction score
This is kind of ironic for nooby me here. A day or two ago, I complimented nyknick on his "sick ride" when in fact it was RedRyder's. There are two things I gotta say about the 6th gen:
1. It's the best looking Accord ever
2. It's the last one to use old-school for-real throttles. Everything since is throttle-by-wire.

RedRyder, can I ask you a question, if a wee-bit off-topic? I'd like to know what size rims and tires you run. Especially the offset of the rims. I'm fixing to get a set of properly fitting plus-sized rims/tires to replace the ill-fitting ones Discount Tire suggested for me a couple years ago. Judging by the pic of your car, you know what's up in that department.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
i got this letter too. my parents wanted me to trade in my car lol. i said no

Back