Stripping paint from ABS plastic

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, so i spent way to much on some paint made for stripping urathane bumpers. It's actually a great product. But for whatever reason, it attacks the plastic. Anyway, i have a good amount of paint parcially stripped. It's going to be damn near impossible to sand it out vs stripping. I would say i'd be investing around 10 hours sanding it. Anyone know of anything they know works for abs?

du3ce

Reaction score
whats the stuff called for stripping paint off uerethane bumpers? and how much does it cost?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I know brake fluid is extremely popular for stripping paint from things like interior pieces but I don't know how it would fare on larger applications.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
du3ce said:
whats the stuff called for stripping paint off uerethane bumpers? and how much does it cost?
Sems Bumper Stripper. Make sure it's the one that is safe for urathane. It doesn't work well for oem paint though, or any baked on paint. Works great on something that has been resprayed professionally, or especially not so professionally.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I bought it an my local autobody store (not autoparts store). You could probably go to the eastwood co to get it online.

Back