Recommended Tire Dimensions?

Jushewa

Reaction score
hey guys, so I need to buy some new summer tires and rims and was looking for some insight on what size and dimensions to get. The car is on factory suspension but I might be getting some function and form type 1's or 2's eventually. thanks in advance.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Stock-ish?

I should have 215/40-18, I think, I went 5 taller for auto-x / speedo reasons (checked w/ GPS) and it works fine.

Jushewa

Reaction score
ummm. yeah, not looking for anything too flashy. but not stock either. I was thinking of 16 or 17's

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
17s at least. with 16s you'll still need a taller tire and it won't look as good. if you get a basic 17x7 wheel, a 225/45/17 would be the correct size to get to keep the speedometer correct. that size tire may look a bit beefy for your tastes though, and balloon out a little, which is why i went with a 215/45/17 on the wheels i had with my accords. the difference is very small.

i've always used this site to compare tire sizes and such...

willtheyfit.com

you just put in your stock size on the left, and under that the size you're thinking of getting or use it to figure out which size you should get.

Jushewa

Reaction score
alright thanks for the site. personally I like it when they stick out a bit but I'll check it out for sure.

Jushewa

Reaction score
17s at least. with 16s you'll still need a taller tire and it won't look as good. if you get a basic 17x7 wheel, a 225/45/17 would be the correct size to get to keep the speedometer correct. that size tire may look a bit beefy for your tastes though, and balloon out a little, which is why i went with a 215/45/17 on the wheels i had with my accords. the difference is very small.

i've always used this site to compare tire sizes and such...

willtheyfit.com

you just put in your stock size on the left, and under that the size you're thinking of getting or use it to figure out which size you should get.

LMFAO. I searched "willitfit.com" WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! DO NOT.

Back