Dealing with a lack of 'manual' control

Plutonium Jones

Reaction score
Hey guys...

didnt know where to put this but here...and i know theres more involving and important things to discuss but id like some feedback...

I've been kinda thinking about this randomly as it pops up in my head when speeding or just looking at mods to personalize my car for me...but to give a background to where im going with this:

My accord...or i like to call arwing (call me geek...) is an automatic. he was subject to autotragic honditis a few months after i found him and decided to give him a second chance...sadly the warrenty was up seeing my mileage was already 120xxx. so it was an out of pocket pay -_-. From then on i put time and effort to care for my car because moms (especially moms) and i worked hard to be able to have such benefits in life to afford a vehicle, so im grateful for that...but since my first car to this one (being my 3rd) were gifts, the stipulation was that itd be an automatic...(the reasons why it had to be automatic ill explain if asked)

now that ive given my story background...

i feel kinda lost trying to spend time and money on a car that has very obvious, easily reached limits (i4 AT being the main one). since im currently raising cash to get either a prelude 4thgen/accord6thgen 5spd (vtec), it seems like a drag when i drive/work/modify my car. everytime i do something new to personalize him, i ask myself, "where will it lead you to? why are you doing this? why would i work on a car i can't drive the way i want to?"

for example: why should i lower my car, put a catback exhaust (or even a fart can), buy wheels n rims, fix the cosmetics if he has no potential to be the car im demanding him to be...not to mention my love for driving stick is driving me mad everytime i put my hand on the shifter...also, i really hate ricearoni and try to do my research on my car as well as all cars in general

im just wondering who else has ever experienced this and what would you do in this situation? (settle and just wait or what?)

p.s. my car is a he....my first was a she (and my would have been gs300 definitly felt like a she)...they just felt different driving wise and my mind just labeled them...no sexist bias reasons or justifications...just personification

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Lol wow. If your heart really isn't into this car keep this one as a DD and save up for a car ud rather put money into. GL.. Hit me up if ur ever in knoxville btw

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
buy suspension, i went from stock to insane slammage in a day and I'm having to force myself to raise my front to more reasonable heights..... once you go low you forget about the desire to shift and focus on the road, the cruise, its what our cars were made for

dvilla5506

Reaction score
i had the same idea since it cant be a fast car like we all want i decided to make mine be the loudest it can be instead of fast make it show........audio...subs...etc....but work on everything else but the engine

dvilla5506

Reaction score
but then i thought about dropping a f20b lol and just convert it to stik........although its much different cuz i learned how to drive stik in an R32 and that car has POWER and i really doubt my accord can get up to that level

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
IF I was ever to attempt to build a CG, it would have to be a V6 coupe that I could do a J32 swap with the manual transmission and go to town on the engine. simply put the I4 is not worth the time nor the money, our cars weight over 3000lbs, go loud or go slow, those are your only two bank friendly options

finch13

Reaction score
Just swap it when the tranny goes. It would be hard to sell and buy a 6th gen at the same time.

And John... I think my car is plenty fast to be fun, but not over the top. It must be a 5speed thing because it's (bad comparison) way more zippy and quick than our MDX. If I want to, I can hang with a lot of cars that one would normally think as out of our league and she has more than enough passing power in 3rd gear. Comparing my auto 5th gen to the 5spd 6th gen, the 6ga is a TON quicker using nearly the same power and weight.

I know how you feel Plutonium... even though I did mod my automatic, I never got into it and certainly didn't enjoy driving it nearly as much as I do the 5spd. Still, if you're forced to stay auto, suspension is probably the best mod for your money and driving enjoyment.

dvilla5506

Reaction score
i have to many things i wanna do at once first is pay registration then get insurance just to get driving again........those were the most necessary.......now its either lowering springs, tint windows....save for a paint job(my front is darker than rest of car)....or brand new tires....to top it off having to pay collection agency also........so which one wud u guys do

SilverAggie

Reaction score
^I would stop jacking other peoples threads first. Plutonium, I feel you man. I have a autotragic V6 as we speak. I would love to put work into this car but just don't see the point. I like to keep my ride clean though and do enjoy her. I've done all the interior audio upgrades from tweeters to rear deck including an AVIC N4. I've also put remote start on the girl and love that cause it's cool when somebody's like "Did you just start your car from across the parking lot?" and I say "Yeaahhh that just happened!" lol anyway I would save up after doing the mods on it you feel that would make it a worthy DD and invest in something that would spark your interests. I'm also gonna go ahead and agree with CrsCountry and say the best 6th gen to mod is the coupes V6. I love those body styles and they can be sick with an engine and 5 or 6pd tranny swap and new motor. GL with whatever you do and I hope this helps.

Back