Head swap?

snowcolt17

Reaction score
So I had been on the line of getting a h22 head and well yesterday I got one,

It's been resurfaced with new valves in it,.

Now what to do with it?
Find the rest of the motor, the guy has the block but needs bearings, rings and Pistons.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're asking, looks like you answered your own question. Find a block to put the head on.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

snowcolt17

Reaction score
to find a h22 block or to do the g build.

frank motors are more to deal with.. i can get f23 blocks for check or just go ahead and grab the h22a block. the h22a block is a lter one its a open deck. but i dont see no problem with open decks seeing how the f23 is open deck and people boost them.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I'm more for the DOHC f-block.

It might be strange hoses, but at least it's not frm that needs 'rings'!

snowcolt17

Reaction score
thats what i was waiting for. the "g" build has some nice torque for it. find pistons relatively easy. but reliability?

no cheap h blocks around here. i can grab the one for from where the head was from but its another $200. and needs bearings and rings.

i work in a extrusion die shop. so doing a little bit fabbing shouldnt be a big deal. we have pretty much everything in there.

im wanting to swap the cams. thinking of a basic port and polish.

i need to gather parts for the top end.
valve cover, im, etc.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Changing pistons is not cool!

Why make your engine safe for less power?
Like, why raise the compression instead of a HMT?

Michael_accord

Reaction score
I'm going to stick with the f20b. Iv contemplated building a g23 a long time ago and it does not weigh out. Especially since u cam get an auto f20b for what 400 bucks? Change cam and intake and Hello manual version.

Ocho

Reaction score
G23 is easy. I built one myself. Building another one now.
I haven't had an accord for a few years but just got another one to tow my ep3.
Get h22 head and buy some hex head plugs from oriellys big enough to tap 2 oil train holes on the cam gear side, use hondabond or loctite to ensure a seal. find an h22 water pump and use a gear puller to pull the water pump gear off and do the same for the f23 water pump. then get the h22 water pump gear pressed on the f23 water pump. Get an h22 crank pulley or h23 crank pulley and install that. Then you use an h22 timing belt and tensioner. also an h22 head gasket. find a water pipe of 90-93 accord and slap it together. done. Then the engine harness is up to you...you can swap to and obd1, wire up a resistor box for injectors, and a obd2x (whatever your accord is) to obd1 jumper for a p28 ecu for hondata or an h22a ecu. or just find an obd2 prelude ecu and harness for a manual. Im going to keep my accord auto so its going to take some thinking to add the prelude's TCU (trans control unit) to the ecu since our accords TCU is built in to our ECU. Its not hard. Good Luck!

snowcolt17

Reaction score
seems simple enough.

im planning on getting a m2b4 when i get my taxes back. so im going manual.

i wanted the f20. thought about it hard. but saw this head for pretty cheap. and i can get a f22/f23 block cheap. so why not go that route. :p

i was just saying the pistons are easier to find for the f series then h. unless resleeved..

there is a junkyard here with a 4th gen lude with a h23a1.

the h22 has a auto tensioner right? can i just take the h23 and use it since its manual? i thought the h23/f22/f23 was all the same tensioner?

i guess its time to start collecting parts..

need a h22 water pump
h22 head gasket
ill grab the h23 pulley from the junkyard
would it be worth it to get a aftermarket intake mani?
thinking of grabbing a greddy supreme muffler and having 2.5" exhaust ran?

im up for any suggestions.

Back