How to use Seafoam

beardohio

Reaction score
Planning on picking up a can and doing this tonight.

EDIT:
Just did it!!! Not joking right now, that was the BEST $8.99 i've ever spent! Half the can through the vac line (don't forget pliers to get the clamp off), shut her off, started her back up after 15ish min of sitting and for a good ten minutes or so I had some thick smoke coming out! Put the second half of the can in the gas tank. Drove her home pretty hard, redlined through 1st and 2nd on one pull and the shifts were beyond smooth, no lie. You should also see how smooth it idles, it's ridiculous, needle doesn't even move from 750rpm.
GO SEAFOAM!

Last edited:

MrLazie1

Reaction score
some people says that you have to change your motor oil after, is that because they take off the motor oil cap and put it in there? :confused:

truWarier02

Reaction score
some people says that you have to change your motor oil after, is that because they take off the motor oil cap and put it in there? :confused:

Yeah that's only if you put it in there I think. If you put it in the vacuum line or w/e and the gas tank, you don't have to change your oil right away.

truWarier02

Reaction score
just change the oil when you normally do it. i don't think you have to worry about it.

best would be to put it through the pcv hose and in the gas tank afterwards. something like that.

it works pretty well.. i noticed my car ran just a bit smoother afterwards.

you could also try the Chevron Techron fuel system treatment. i would recommend it after one use.

juicebox00

Reaction score
I did it a little while ago but 1/3 can in oil, 1/3 in vac line, 1/3 in gas tank. drive 10 miles and change oil. done

purplehaze

Reaction score
lol i just seafoamed my car today
i let it suck into my intake manifold then let it sit for like 30 min
there was some smoke but not crazy smoke like other ppl
i thnk its cuz my engine was flushed out at 100k, its at 160k right now
i guess i should thank my parents for keeping up with tune ups haha

Back