I4 to V6 Swap...Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadkorean34

Reaction score
wait, so what ur telling me is that all v6 tranny sucks?
I'm really knowledge-less when it comes to tranny, but when I used to have WRX, bugeye years which is 02~03 models, they had ****ty tranny, but 04+ had good tranny RA gears, so what the Bugeye subiers did was just switch it out with 04+ trannies. so someone inform me on this accord tranny deal..

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
This has always puzzled me. Whenever we discus I4 swaps all thats ever mentioned is 1) H22 with its 200 hp and all the custom work needed.

While swapping to the j30 is never even brought up. I admit I dont have much knowledge when it comes to swaps. 2) But the J30 was made for our

car, so fitment would be a non factor

its 200 hp and has tons more torque than H22, and ive seen used j30s for less than $1000, yeah the tranny sucks, but ill

take the j30 over my f23 anyday. Am I missing something?

1) False.. which lot of custom work ? Did you mean the driver side engine mount ? that's the only custom work needed dude..or find a mount from a Euro-R or Type-R accord and you've got your bolt-on mount..

2) H22A comes stock in 98-02 Accord Euro-R and some Type-R..so this engine is made to fit in our Accords.. All accords USDM, even JDM or Euro one were made in a Honda factory in USA..

True that J30 have more torque.. but like you said..the tranny is like a pain in the A$$..

klee

Reaction score
The amount of pain, suffering, and most importantly the cost isn't worth it. Use that money for another car.

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
TitaniumACC said:
1) False.. which lot of custom work ? Did you mean the driver side engine mount ? that's the only custom work needed dude..or find a mount from a Euro-R or Type-R accord and you've got your bolt-on mount..

2) H22A comes stock in 98-02 Accord Euro-R and some Type-R..so this engine is made to fit in our Accords.. All accords USDM, even JDM or Euro one were made in a Honda factory in USA..

It was an H22a4 that came in our accord. And also there is a crap load of wiring that you have to do. I was thinking about doing this swap but when I asked around people said if you have enough money you can do anything. I.E. a 350 in a crx but if your looking for something practical then I would suggest that you rip of all of your mods and cop a V6 and do a tranny swap with the cl-s.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the v6 also faces the other way in the engine comparment, so youd need all the other set-ups for other stuff, like battery holder and stuff. and youll have to cut a hole right where the i4 accords' ABS (if you have it) control thingie is, and youll have to remount that on the other side of the compartment and weld up that hole so the control thing doesnt get wet, if thats where it goes. honestly, if i was gonna do a swap, id rather go h22........but id rather turbo since f's like it better then h's, from what i hear.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
Here4U2nv151 said:
It was an H22a4 that came in our accord.

no.. in 98-02 Euro-R or Type-R Accords, it's H22A, not H22A1 or H22A4, just H22A.

H22A: JDM engines, prelude or Accord
"special" H22A : Type-S Prelude and Euro-R Accord (220hp)
other H22A comes from JDM preludes 195hp

H22A1: USDM Prelude 92-96 VTEC 195hp
H22A4: USDM Prelude 97-01 200hp

theaccordian

Reaction score
Here4U2nv151 said:
And also there is a crap load of wiring that you have to do.

Where does this notion of wiring being extremely difficult come from. Let's say you get an H22a4 fromthe usdm 97-01 prelude, the obd2 one. How would the wiring be any different form any other swap, i.e. civic integra and the b series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back