H22 Swap

SuperMidget

Reaction score
I've been thinking about the swap every day now... but i'd like to keep within emissions standards. Anyone know how?

lol
I was thinking in throwing in the newer model h22

H22A Type S 97-98 Complete Motor,Trans,Ecu
220Hp 163Trq 11.0 Compression (JDM)
$ 3299.00 Plus shipping and handling.

or what about the euro?

H22A 00-01 (Accord Euro R) Complete Changeover
220 Hp 161 Trq
$ 3800.00 Plus shipping and handling.

-They have less info for the engine which sparks my curiousity.

DOes anyone know much about these engines? or how well they drop into an 02 accord SE sedan? lolz

THanks!

Drift

Reaction score
hey guys. was wondering if anyones running a chipped p28 on their H? i need a good basemap before i haul it off to get dyno tuned

Im running a p72, which is the same thing with a knock board and IAB controls, but my map will be significantly different from what you will need. Im running big cams, saturated injectors and a a big fuel pump.

You should talk to whomever you are going to have tune the car. They should be able to provide you with a base map to get you to the tuner.

robtoe

Reaction score
quick question for all those who have done the hswap does your a/c still work?

sleepy cg3

Reaction score
yes the a/c works... you can use ur f23 ac... the only problem is the power steering pump

H23VTEC build...
go hard or go home

robtoe

Reaction score
my ac works when i manually give it power, but for some reason from the ecu to the pump itself it is losing power, do you guys have any idea as to why?

sleepy cg3

Reaction score
Both my AC and power steering pump work.

thats cuz you rigged it to work... u prolly used the f23 bracket and pump... i used the h22 bracket and pump... its ok i dont need p/s (previous civic owner hehe) insider

Drift

Reaction score
my ac works when i manually give it power, but for some reason from the ecu to the pump itself it is losing power, do you guys have any idea as to why?

This is how the circuit works:

2132qf.jpg

You should be able to test for power at those places and figure out whats wrong.

thats cuz you rigged it to work... u prolly used the f23 bracket and pump... i used the h22 bracket and pump... its ok i dont need p/s (previous civic owner hehe) insider

No, I used the h22 power steering pump and bracket. I made a custom pressure line to fit.

EPS power steer = no Power Steering pump FTMFW!!:147703263745b138a51

No doubt. We've been putting Vauxhall electric power steering columns in the race cars. We use a control box that some guy in the UK builds for rally cars. Its worked out really well so far. The only draw back has been trying to keep the motors cool. They are being driven at max voltage and get hot really, really fast.

Back