Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > Engine & Transmission Mods

Engine & Transmission Mods Swaps, Turbo, Nitrous, bolt-ons, it all goes here

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #41  
Old 03-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Erik123456789's Avatar
Erik123456789 Erik123456789 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 7,649, Level: 26 Points: 7,649, Level: 26 Points: 7,649, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Age: 27
Posts: 1,434
Rep Power: 45
Erik123456789 is somewhat reliable
Re: H22 Swap

Does the slave cylinder issue only apply when you are using the H22 slave cylinder?

I am doing an h22 tranny swap on mine right now and I understand what you mean about the difference in the h22/f23 slave cylinders.

However.. I think you can still use the f23 slave cylinder on the h22 tranny. The stock f23 tranny comes with a small bracket that lets you mount the slave cylinder on to it, so you can just remove that bracket (two 12mm bolts) from your f23 tranny and use it on the new tranny.

I haven't put the tranny on the car YET, but the bracket seems to line up perfectly, the tranny's are ALMOST identical.

The only difference I found on mine is that piece where the speed sensor goes. On the h22 tranny, there are two hoses coming out of it (most likely coolant lines?) and the f23 one doesn't have any. I just simply removed it and replaced it with the f23 one though since I wasn't planning on hooking them up.

Anyway, I'll let you know about the slave cylinder thing as soon as I get the tranny on there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Drift's Avatar
Drift Drift is offline
Senior Member
Points: 17,803, Level: 40 Points: 17,803, Level: 40 Points: 17,803, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mass
Age: 36
Posts: 1,333
Rep Power: 83
Drift should be someone you can trustDrift should be someone you can trust
Re: H22 Swap

Originally Posted by Erik123456789 View Post
Does the slave cylinder issue only apply when you are using the H22 slave cylinder?

I am doing an h22 tranny swap on mine right now and I understand what you mean about the difference in the h22/f23 slave cylinders.

However.. I think you can still use the f23 slave cylinder on the h22 tranny. The stock f23 tranny comes with a small bracket that lets you mount the slave cylinder on to it, so you can just remove that bracket (two 12mm bolts) from your f23 tranny and use it on the new tranny.

I haven't put the tranny on the car YET, but the bracket seems to line up perfectly, the tranny's are ALMOST identical.

The only difference I found on mine is that piece where the speed sensor goes. On the h22 tranny, there are two hoses coming out of it (most likely coolant lines?) and the f23 one doesn't have any. I just simply removed it and replaced it with the f23 one though since I wasn't planning on hooking them up.

Anyway, I'll let you know about the slave cylinder thing as soon as I get the tranny on there.
Those 2 lines are for the 4 wheel steering, you have to loop those, unless you want to run a tranny cooler. If you let them stay open, you'll probably leak tranny fluid.

As for the slave cylinder, if I recall correctly, the mounting points were different. If you can get the f23 slave cylinder mounted securely onto the tranny, then run it. I don't have an f23 tranny here to compare mine too right now. I feel like the bolt holes were spaced too far apart or something.

As for the
__________________
~Nick

www.Dentsport.com
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Erik123456789's Avatar
Erik123456789 Erik123456789 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 7,649, Level: 26 Points: 7,649, Level: 26 Points: 7,649, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Age: 27
Posts: 1,434
Rep Power: 45
Erik123456789 is somewhat reliable
Re: H22 Swap

here's the bracket that I was talking about (that comes with the stock f23 tranny) already installed on the h22 tranny, it lets the stock slave cylinder sit perfectly

__________________

Last edited by Erik123456789; 03-26-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Drift's Avatar
Drift Drift is offline
Senior Member
Points: 17,803, Level: 40 Points: 17,803, Level: 40 Points: 17,803, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mass
Age: 36
Posts: 1,333
Rep Power: 83
Drift should be someone you can trustDrift should be someone you can trust
Re: H22 Swap

Originally Posted by Erik123456789 View Post
here's the bracket that I was talking about (that comes with the stock f23 tranny) already installed on the h22 tranny, it lets the stock slave cylinder sit perfectly

For some reason I think we tried that we I was doing my swap. I just cant remember why we though it won't work. (I did this swap like 4.5 years ago, and my recreational activities don't help my memory).
__________________
~Nick

www.Dentsport.com
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM
CHID0's Avatar
CHID0 CHID0 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 22,577, Level: 46 Points: 22,577, Level: 46 Points: 22,577, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,143
Rep Power: 154
CHID0 has their shit togetherCHID0 has their shit togetherCHID0 has their shit togetherCHID0 has their shit togetherCHID0 has their shit togetherCHID0 has their shit together
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to CHID0 Send a message via MSN to CHID0 Send a message via Yahoo to CHID0
Re: H22 Swap

Originally Posted by Drift View Post
For some reason I think we tried that we I was doing my swap. I just cant remember why we though it won't work. (I did this swap like 4.5 years ago, and my recreational activities don't help my memory).
__________________
Officially Slammed Member #002
Retrofit Club #040
My Cardomain
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Erik123456789's Avatar
Erik123456789 Erik123456789 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 7,649, Level: 26 Points: 7,649, Level: 26 Points: 7,649, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: So Cal
Age: 27
Posts: 1,434
Rep Power: 45
Erik123456789 is somewhat reliable
Re: H22 Swap

lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Russianred's Avatar
Russianred Russianred is offline
Snail Spools You!


Points: 50,075, Level: 69 Points: 50,075, Level: 69 Points: 50,075, Level: 69
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Maine [207]
Age: 32
Posts: 9,449
Rep Power: 172
Russianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to allRussianred is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to Russianred
Arrow Re: H22 Swap

Originally Posted by Drift View Post
(I did this swap like 4.5 years ago, and my recreational activities don't help my memory).
LOL mine either.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Hondamugen103's Avatar
Hondamugen103 Hondamugen103 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,995, Level: 20 Points: 4,995, Level: 20 Points: 4,995, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St. Joseph, Michigan
Posts: 364
Rep Power: 43
Hondamugen103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to Hondamugen103
Re: H22 Swap

Ok Guys the f23 tranny, is too slow for me. Any ideas? Would like an h22 tranny w/ Tall 5th. gear for highway. What parts would you need to do a tranny swap? i need to do clutch sometime in the future so thought i would knock this out as well.
__________________
HONDA Parts Spe******t
5spd Coupe EX-L
BTFD
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:33 AM
BoyBlue's Avatar
BoyBlue BoyBlue is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,529, Level: 19 Points: 4,529, Level: 19 Points: 4,529, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vicksburg, Michigan
Age: 38
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 40
BoyBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: H22 Swap

can we get a sticky on this?
Oh....NM......I'm too Sleepy I'm going to bed.
__________________
Clicky
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 AM
F23A1AT's Avatar
F23A1AT F23A1AT is offline
Senior Member
Points: 14,769, Level: 36 Points: 14,769, Level: 36 Points: 14,769, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Age: 28
Posts: 2,327
Rep Power: 72
F23A1AT should be someone you can trustF23A1AT should be someone you can trust
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to F23A1AT
Re: H22 Swap

Originally Posted by Hondamugen103 View Post
Ok Guys the f23 tranny, is too slow for me. Any ideas? Would like an h22 tranny w/ Tall 5th. gear for highway. What parts would you need to do a tranny swap? i need to do clutch sometime in the future so thought i would knock this out as well.
That has been discussed before you should try searching. Look for afaccords transmission thread, or you could find a T2T4 transmission but good luck on finding one of those.
__________________
Originally Posted by 1999EX View Post
Seafoam won't suck
Originally Posted by lwlba View Post
perhaps you should take her out to a nice dinner first...
The Daily |Swap thread |The project|Buy my stuff
S-bucket owners association #1, 282,xxx and counting.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3