DIY: Vtec indicator light

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
OK this is totally not working for me. I have a working LED, which i tested to the battery, and I have my ground in place. On my ECU there are four plugs....GREY(closest to the firewall),blue,grey,grey.....which one is the wire in, and which color wire is it??? I have the v6 j30, so shouldn't it be the blue with the green stripe?? i need help. im seriously frustrated

Inline4

Reaction score
Will it work regardless of transmission type? just wanna know before i destroy my ride

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
ok...so we have a solution...for all the egotistical noobs like myself, here is the extreme dummies version.....
1) pull carpet
2) if you have the v6 like me, pull the grey plug closest to the firewall
3) locate blue wire with green stripe
4) splice into it with the postitve side
5) run a ground to somewhere...
6) run both wires back to wherever you're installing it
7) finally, don't be stupid like me and sit there and rev the engine and wonder why it's not coming on....granted I haven't own a honda in a while, but I know better....ACTUALLY TAKE IT ON THE STREET BEFORE YOU THINK YOU TAPPED THE WRONG WIRE....
8) probably more important than anything (i found this out the hard way)....if you are placing the LED in the extra slot to the left of the steering wheel, make sure you don't drill the hole bigger than the LED....now i have to get a bigger one to fill the hole..
Thank you and goodnight...:squintwave:

ejreams

Reaction score
ok...so we have a solution...for all the egotistical noobs like myself, here is the extreme dummies version.....
1) pull carpet
2) if you have the v6 like me, pull the grey plug closest to the firewall
3) locate blue wire with green stripe
4) splice into it with the postitve side
5) run a ground to somewhere...
6) run both wires back to wherever you're installing it
7) finally, don't be stupid like me and sit there and rev the engine and wonder why it's not coming on....granted I haven't own a honda in a while, but I know better....ACTUALLY TAKE IT ON THE STREET BEFORE YOU THINK YOU TAPPED THE WRONG WIRE....
8) probably more important than anything (i found this out the hard way)....if you are placing the LED in the extra slot to the left of the steering wheel, make sure you don't drill the hole bigger than the LED....now i have to get a bigger one to fill the hole..
Thank you and goodnight...:squintwave:

Thank you, you saved me a lot of frustration.
I have to say this is totally something I would do HAHA.
:hihi:

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
you all might think that this is an incredibly stupid question, but why does my VTEC light not perform accurately. It seems to lag in comparison to the motor. What i mean, is why does it lag when coming on and off. Is it because it is coming from the computer signal instead of the motor... I don't get it.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
finished product

photo6-1.jpg

Back