How to tint the back lights..DIY

steadypimpin

Reaction score
yellowfever said:
i did mine two days ago and just sprayed. no primer no clear coat no sanding. It looks perfect. 3 coats of "Pactra racing finish" window tint.
where do you get that paint from?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
steadypimpin said:
where do you get that paint from?

Pactra Spray Tint

I got mine from an R/C car shop in Enfield, CT. You just need to find that brand. Call around to a few hobby shops and see if they carry it.

And yes I went dark on mine. But a little of the Practa paint goes a long way. I only did four coats. I would reccomnend two coat if you just want to tint the red a little. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

osiriskidd

Reaction score
1 can should be enough for 4 coats.
but what i'm wondering is, is there a law against how blacked out your tails can be,
shouldn't it just be to where the lights are still visible when driving at night?

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I think the reflective part has to be visible. When I did mine last year I taped off a strip where the reflective material was and then painted them. It looked kind of cool too.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the law is, but I haven't been fcuked with and they've been tinted for about 6 months

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
im waiting to get pulled over, but mine still have really great light output in day and night

jonhuynh

Reaction score
I tinted my tail lights a couple a months ago, it looked great when I did it. But then I ran into a problem. The tint faded away! In about a month, all the tint had faded and returned back to the red. Did I do something wrong? I sprayed about 3 coats. I didn't want them to be too dark so I stopped and the right darkness. And I did put clear coat on top too if you were wondering. Could anybody help me out? I'm planning to do it again but I want to make sure it stays tinted! :confused:

Back