G23 Frankenstien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefften10

Reaction score
So I know a few of the guys on Honda-tech have tried and run the hybrid engine, but what do you guys think. How could I get a F23a1 block to work with a H22a head? I don't know as much about eninges as I would like, so any feedback would be appriciated.
Anyone here tried that setup?
What type of numbers would one expect?
How efficient/economic/time consuming would it be?
Thanks!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i read something in sport compact car some years ago that someone had wanted to do an f22/h22 head combo. the tech editor said it was impossible cause there were like 4 head bolts that didnt line up or something like that. there was something else that didnt work, so i know they dont go together. i dont know about the f23 though. im going to do some research on whats different between an f22 and f23.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i read a whole write up somewhere about it, and you should use i think the h23 head if you use the f23 block. and you also need a whole bunch of different parts from different year accord engines. i read in that same post its pretty much not worth the money unless you have the stuff laying around, or can get good hook ups. you would also need to make oil journals in the head so oil would get to some places.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it's cheap if u can get the parts cheap, and do some of the machine work at a good price.... it's a cool swap, but it'll cost u at least $1000 and a lot of engine knowledge to pull it off... i think the torque numbers were higher than the hp numbers... had 170-ish torque at the wheels i think,..... and 160 ish hp at the wheel

skabone

Reaction score
if I were to ever do a swap I wouldn't waste my time with that. H22 or a K series swap is the way to go.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
a guy i know here is actually serious abt doing this head swap.... i figure he'll have lots of problems and headaches during the process :p

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
i don't think all the pain in the *** this mixed up engine would worth it.. and by the way.. it's proven that F23 don't like to rev at 8000rpm like any H22 can do... so your F23 block would don't work too long..

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
TitaniumACC said:
i don't think all the pain in the *** this mixed up engine would worth it.. and by the way.. it's proven that F23 don't like to rev at 8000rpm like any H22 can do... so your F23 block would don't work too long..
the guy tht did the original swap had the pistons changed, and sleeved... so, a lil built-up for the block to withstand more punishment

Jefften10

Reaction score
Hmm, I still really want to work on my engine, I have an interesting situation:
I don't own the car, my parents do. For that circumstance, I cannot "touch" the car since it isn't mine. I do it anyways, so I have been trying to do what I can in secret. I really wanna build the car as a sleeper, with no exterior or interior mods. What type of suggestions can you make for a 12th grade student with a tight budget, strict parents, and basic knowledge of engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back