Engine Theory, Build, Etc Discussion.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guy's, I am prepping to do a motor build myself, on a spare block that I have (actually going to pay someone to build it for me... ) but my question is about the kaizen speed balance shaft removal kit. Do any of you know of this being done with an F23, and any adverse changes? I know that he engine will have some vibration, and that'll be fine, I'm just curious about being detremintal to the longevity of the build. (crower rods, and forged pistons)

ive heard of f22 using them, but no one with the f23

AFAccord

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the eliminator kit, but I did remove the drive belt for the shafts, as I understood they were strictly for comfort. I can't say for certain what caused it, but ~3000 miles later, my number 3 piston decided to cram itself sideways in the cylinder. :skurred: Still don't know what caused it, but you can understand I'm a bit weary about messing with the balance shafts now.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Reaction score
Well, then, I guess I'll just let the good times... (or in this case, the balance shafts) roll.

Last edited:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
so i thought my motor was crapping out so did a compression test and came out to 210 X 4 :D

Back