DBO867's 1998 Accord LX 5spd

DBO867

Reaction score
Re: DBO867's 1998 ACCORD LX 5MT TMT (Taking My Time) Build!!!!

I would suggest upgrading to the 8thgen horns. Cheap, easy, and you can actually hear them on the freeway haha.

Ill probably upgrade them later on, I just wanna figure out If I need those extra plugs or not. But from the looks of it, I dont think its anything important, just didnt wanna risk anything

DBO867

Reaction score

Alright, so I started up my car, flushed and filled the coolant system. Found out my battery is shot, since it wont hold charge, but its no big deal, easy cheap fix. And I guess I need to pick up a driver side motor mount since I teared mine trying to get the broken piece of the bracket off. Besides those things, now I hear a weird noise coming from the driver side of the engine bay which i suspect is the power steering pulley since it was drained of fluid from the accident. Would it mess up due to 2 and half months of sitting there?

Sino

Reaction score

Mine made a sort of grinding sound from air after replacing fluid during engine rebuild. Just had to turn the steering wheel lock to lock several times for it to clear out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DBO867

Reaction score

Im going to have to try that

DBO867

Reaction score

So I decided to make a trip to the junkyard today for the motor mount. Got what i needed and decided to look around, and just a heads up for anyone in Socal, mainly riverside county, 2 6thgens just showed up this week and it hasnt been touched haha. I actually wanted the full interior off one but didnt wanna do all the work by myself so i left them for others to be blessed with. I was also in search of a 97+ sc300 headlight for my friend when i noticed a white coupe from the corner of my eye. I went over to check it out just for fun and well, im glad i walked over....

20160323_234741.jpg

Found the last piece for my woodgrain interior accents! It honestly made my day.

Came home, worked on the car for a little bit, threw my new floor mats in and all i can say is, they make a huge difference.

20160323_234754.jpg

Got em brand new. $70 well spent off of hondapartscheap.com. And youre probably wondering why Im buying other things for my car instead of things to get it running right again. Well let me just say this, it is now 100% driveable. No leaks, no creaks, no uneven gaps, no bad alignment, nada. All i need now is for my replacement license plates to come in haha. Done with phase one restoration, moving onto phase two modding. Ill be picking up some coilovers next week, and possibly paintjob next month!

Last edited:

DBO867

Reaction score

Mine made a sort of grinding sound from air after replacing fluid during engine rebuild. Just had to turn the steering wheel lock to lock several times for it to clear out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I found out it was just my motor mount bracket shaking since it wasnt fully tighten down haha my mistake, but thanks for the help thought. Very well appreciated!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Why didn't you get the mats that match your interior? Nice pickup though, thinking about replacing mine sometime soon.

DBO867

Reaction score

Why didn't you get the mats that match your interior? Nice pickup though, thinking about replacing mine sometime soon.

Not a fan of the tan interior so i thought i'd throw a little contrast into it. Looks alot cleaner in person, will look even better once i get a s2000 steering wheel and black seats

DBO867

Reaction score

Also got the floormats from hondapartworld.com. I put up the wrong link earlier

DBO867

Reaction score

4/13/2016 Update
Finally lowered the car. Its on F2 Type 1, slapped it on the car right out the box, no height adjustments needed (for now anyways). The coilover were about 3 and a half inches shorter than stock so I was fine with that. I just wanted to close up the wheel gap. Dont mind the 55 wall tires haha its all temporary
20160414_195443.jpg

But as for now, Im going to take a small break from fixing up the car, need to start saving money.

Back