F23a1 guys, what is your oil pressure at idle

Jermee

Reaction score
Here is my problem just replaced my oil pan after denting it by hitting a bump and noticed this
nytusyvy.jpg

I didn't think too much of it but to take a picture.

My oil pressure is 10lbs at idle which seems really low to me (it'll climb as I rev up but will go back down to 10lbs.) I can't for the life of me remember what it was before this incident. )I don't daily this car it's a Eg with a turbo f23a1. So my specific question is again, what should my oil pressure be at idle? Thanks in advance.

Sent from your moms house.

Jermee

Reaction score
This is urgent because I have a car show on the 14th and in trying to get it ready in time. Already have a new pickup tube ordered but its estimated to arrive between the 12th-14th. Trying to find out if this thing is safe to drive or not.

And no my oil pressure light isn't on

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Assuming a hot engine(after its been driven), at idle you should have something along the lines of 70kPa or 10psi minimum, at 3000rpm you should have 340 kPa or 50psi minimum.

Jermee

Reaction score
Assuming a hot engine(after its been driven), at idle you should have something along the lines of 70kPa or 10psi minimum, at 3000rpm you should have 340 kPa or 50psi minimum.

Sorry, yes it was at operating temperature.

Out of curiosity, what should it be at start up?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Sorry, yes it was at operating temperature.

Out of curiosity, what should it be at start up?

To be honest, i'm not sure. The previous mentioned is all I know and all what the dealer checked and reported back on as well when I went in once last year.

PS. As for your oil pickup...a referral picture taken from Patricks(x5carl3tMurd3rx) thread
u8ypetem.jpg

Last edited:

Jermee

Reaction score
To be honest, i'm not sure. The previous mentioned is all I know and all what the dealer checked and reported back on as well when I went in once last year.

Gatcha. Thanks you've been a big help. Just trying to find out if 10psi is normal at idle.

Jermee

Reaction score
Mine looks exactly like the one on the left..what's the link to that thread?

Back