Need your help guys! Clunk or thud noise + clutch pedal

Jimsun

Reaction score
So It happened like this.

Last week i hear a thudding, clucnking noise whenever i accelerate from a stop. This noise would occur only in between 20-40km/h after which it would go away.
This symptom is not heard of in the highway.

What could the problem be? Some say it's clutch chatters

Tonight, when I was on my way to drop off a friend, my clutch pedal got stuck on the floor. I had to pull the pedal back up so i could change gear. This happens 25% of the time after going around my neighbourhood to see what causes it.

This happens when i'm at a dead stop going to first gear or going reverse.

Should I just change the slave cyclinder?

Is it worth it to change the clutch, timing belt and water pump while i'm at it?

is the slave cylinder easy to replace?

Jimsun

Reaction score
Slave cylinder isn't hard to replace. The master cylinder much more tricky.

Hey
So i woke up this morning and did some research and reading. It seems that the culprit is more likely the master and slave (might as well replace both right?)

Once I popped the hood, I found the slave with ease. The master on the other hand is tricky to find. More importantly, tricky to get access to.

Does anyone know any idea on how abouts I should go with this?
Should i remove the brake master cylinder as well?

EDIT::

So I just ordered the
BECK/ARNLEY slave cylinder
EXEDY master cylinder.

I just watch another video (ETCG and Choirboyjr11) and Choirboyjr11 says that the pressure pipe that runs from the master cylinder isn't threaded (don't need to use a flare wrench. Just pop the pin and replace correct?)

Last edited:

Wid

Reaction score
If you have your clutch to the floor and the car sitting in any gear, does it accelerate on its own without taking your foot off the clutch? Like it's losing pressure and slowly rolls.

This happened to me when I got my coupe and it was a master and slave problem. I had them both changed and it went away and shifting became sooooo smooth.

My clutch also started losing pressure and it stuck to the floor on its own multiple times before finally quitting and staying there 100% of the time with no pressure at all.

Jimsun

Reaction score
If you have your clutch to the floor and the car sitting in any gear, does it accelerate on its own without taking your foot off the clutch? Like it's losing pressure and slowly rolls.

This happened to me when I got my coupe and it was a master and slave problem. I had them both changed and it went away and shifting became sooooo smooth.

My clutch also started losing pressure and it stuck to the floor on its own multiple times before finally quitting and staying there 100% of the time with no pressure at all.

Hey dude whats up!

Well I experience 2 things

When i shift to either first or reverse the car could just shut off

or

When i shift to either first or reverse, the car will be in gear and the pedal will just be stuck.

What i did, because i need the car for work, is tied a rope on the pedal and pull the clutch if it gets stuck at any point (really ghetto).

This does work. However, there is that rare time where the car will die when i go to first gear.

Back