Will these pistons work in the f23a1?

Silver99

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out if I could use these k20 pistons in my f23a1 if I decide to go turbo. Thank you for any input.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/wis-k568m86

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
K20 pistons will work, but, they have to be reversed in the bore. Also, you shouldn't order pistons unless you already have a machine shop doing the work to your block.

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Hmmm.

Aside from the OP question, when doing a rebuild, I like the machine shop to have the pistons for the block, so that they can bore (or hone) to fit, but then the last several blocks that I've sent in have been for an overbore. (I have 0.5mm oversize pistons in my Supra, for example) The other set of pistons that I was considering were 0.1mm oversize, more of a "hone to fit" but given the condition of the used block that I picked up to send in to the machine shop, I opted for the larger pistons.

Even f I was going with a standard bore, I'd want the machine shop to have the pistons before it leaves the shop, so that they could all be checked for appropriate tolerances.

I'd probably be less picky if I were doing a rebuild to deal with stock power levels... Or maybe not.

Back