Weird side airbag light problem.

dragged

Reaction score
So today I ran into a problem with my side airbag light. I previously cleared the srs system because the srs light was on (swapped clusters).. It has been good for the past week. I took the car for a test drive because I had just installed all new motor+tranny mounts, when I got home and put it into the garage my Side airbag light came on. It's weird because when you sit in the passenger seat the light goes off, and when you get out of it.. it comes on. So I uplugged the seat and then my regular SRS light came on aswell. Do you think another SRS clear will solve this problem?

cl206

Reaction score
So today I ran into a problem with my side airbag light. I previously cleared the srs system because the srs light was on (swapped clusters).. It has been good for the past week. I took the car for a test drive because I had just installed all new motor+tranny mounts, when I got home and put it into the garage my Side airbag light came on. It's weird because when you sit in the passenger seat the light goes off, and when you get out of it.. it comes on. So I uplugged the seat and then my regular SRS light came on aswell. Do you think another SRS clear will solve this problem?

Just curious, was it raining when the side airbag light came on?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bad sensor in the seat for the bag or bad SRS unit - those would be my guesses.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe..maybe not. Depends if you can get or find the sensor. I'd make sure that's the actual problem first.

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Did you have anything on the pass. seat? If so and it only weighed a small amount thats why it came on, its a saftey feature that turns off the pass side airbag incase a small child is sitting in the seat

dragged

Reaction score
Did you have anything on the pass. seat? If so and it only weighed a small amount thats why it came on, its a saftey feature that turns off the pass side airbag incase a small child is sitting in the seat

My dad was sitting in it when took it for test drive (just put all new motor mounts in).. then when I get home it came on after he got out.

Pat

Reaction score
Reviving this, Any solve?
I have my Side airbag light come on by myself on a hard corner, and I had it come on with my wife in the driver seat. She is about 125lbs.
Lots of little "quirks" in these cars.

Back