Alarm randomly goes off!

Carlos28

Reaction score
Driving down the street today when my factory alarm started going off. I was down the street from my house so I whipped around and by the time I got home it turned off. Whenever I turn on the car, the alarm seems to randomly turn itself on and off for about a second. Tried to unlock my doors with the switch on the drivers handle and found that it didn't work. Tried all the others with no success either. I tried reprogramming the remote, but it won't even register. The remote LED shows that it works but the car won't pick it up. Tried unlocking and locking the drivers door to supposedly disable the alarm but it didn't work either. I disconnected the battery and let it sit for a couple of hours, then reconnected it. Nothing. Any other possible solutions? Driving 02 EX V6- Stock with factory alarm. Aftermarket head unit installed about a year ago, but I haven't had any problems until recently so I doubt it's a part of the problem.

Redcoupe

Reaction score
I have the alarm module from my v6 lx pm me if you want it its probably the module

Carlos28

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you.

I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow to see if they can find anything. I'm thinking it's a short somewhere. If I do end up needing a new module I'll PM you. Thanks again.

Carlos28

Reaction score
Found the issue..

There's a metal bar under the passenger dash panel that came loose that Honda apparently uses as a ground for something.. not exactly sure what? Anyway, it's the same gold/silver bar that you remove to take out the cabin filters.. well, I guess it came loose and the component it was hooked up to wasn't grounded correctly..

Just thought I'd post for future reference if anybody else runs into the same issue.

Edit: The one he's reaching for in the video.
lqYuzgT.jpg

Back