So Many Problems I Don't Know Where to Start! HELP ME PLEASE!

Honda4Life

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Been off the grid for awhile due to school but now I need your help asap!

Here is the skinny, my car needed the 105K tune up so a customer of my dad did the job including the valve adjustments. Now here is the problem, this so called master mechanic wasn't anything a low life tweaker. Yes, I found this out after the job was done. Did the whole job for $150 (pure labor).

So here is the problem(s).

1) Every time I start the car in the morning, I get an initial squeak, which I assume has to do something with the belt. However, later in the day when I start the car, the noise may not be present if the car is warm.

2) I am now experiencing a rough idle. The car will idle smooth and quietly and then all of a sudden it gets a litter rougher where the steering wheel shakes a little and the engine becomes louder.

3) I feel like the car has lost power. Granted I was driving a mustang rental when the car was being worked on but that was over 6 months ago.

4) I feel as though the engine is not as quiet as it once was during initial start up. Rather, now it makes a funky noise that I do not recall hearing. Valve issues?

5) (NON-RELATED TO 105K TUNE UP) After a fender bender when I was in a hit and run and slammed into the guard rails on the freeway. The car was a little bent up on the rear and front fender. It was still drivable yet needed an alignment. 5-10 days after they pulled out the dents and threw some primer on it to make it look presentable rather than showroom condition, my SRS light came on. (mind you that air bags were never deployed) Is this due to a faulty sensor? How can I check the code? Most affordable techniques will be appreciated.

Thank you all so very much for helping me out will all my problems and giving advise! :hail:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What is the “funky noise” you mentioned? Guessing it’s not a valve tick since that’s just a clicking noise. As for the loss of power, a compression test may be a good thing just to check on, and make sure all is in order there. But if the car behaved differently following the work this mechanic did, I would take it back to him.

Btw timing belt maintenance is a huge part of the 105k mile interval, make sure you get that performed. Sounds like you may want to go to someone else for that, though, if this guy isn't competent.

ey361995

Reaction score
I would agree with RedRyder also, the rough idle could be something he did or you can just clean your IACV to see if that makes a difference.

Honda4Life

Reaction score
What is the “funky noise” you mentioned? Guessing it’s not a valve tick since that’s just a clicking noise. As for the loss of power, a compression test may be a good thing just to check on, and make sure all is in order there. But if the car behaved differently following the work this mechanic did, I would take it back to him.

Btw timing belt maintenance is a huge part of the 105k mile interval, make sure you get that performed. Sounds like you may want to go to someone else for that, though, if this guy isn't competent.

No he did it all

belt, water pump, coolant flush, serpentine belt, rollers, etc etc. It was a full job. I just think his valve job was shady because looking on youtube, it seems as though if you have the perfect valve clearance, your engine should pure like a kitten...not like a drunk tiger!

I can post a video of the cold starts in the morning if that help?

Back