Dashboard backlighting stopped working

Devil-V

Reaction score
I'm thinking it could be a fuse?

Everything in the instrument cluster works apart from the backlighting - checked the wiring in the cluster and it lights up fine. Indicators, speedo, tacho, fuel, temp gauges and warning lights work - and the centre console lights up normally when the headlights turn on.

Any ideas? Can't see a thing at night? :(

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Have you checked the small lights fuse? Were you working on anything that could have blown a fuse or did this just happen out of nowhere?

Devil-V

Reaction score
I put some additional LED strips to improve the backlighting about a month ago, suddenly it didn't want to light up today. I tested it outside the car, and it lit up fine...

twofast4u

Reaction score
Willing to bet a wire came loose, and shorted. Probably should take it apart again just to be sure.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
If you tapped into the power source to the bulbs that are over top the gauges, I have read that it may cause a short. Not shure why though, like I said, just picked up that info somewhere.

Devil-V

Reaction score
I just went through all my fuses - and they all check out ok. Including the Instrument lighting fuse (7.5A), tested the same one in the side indicators and they seem fine.... I'm dreading the thought of taking it to the Honda dealer :(

Back