OEM sideskirt and rear lip removal

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
So I'm picking up some oem sideskirts and rear lip tomorrow morning on the cheap. :lolrun:

Only catch is I have to remove them myself. I have heard that this isn't easy. Do you guys have any advice? I can't seem to find instructions for removal/installation anywhere.:think: Any links would be much appreciated!:waytogo:

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
Check bayson r's website and see if they have the installation manuals online.

I don't think the bayson r lips have the same mounting points. That's why people usually fit the replica sides over their stock sideskirts. But I will double check that. Thanks!:happy107:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The rear lip is held on by two Philips screws at both ends, and a series of bolts on the underside, all the way across. I can check what size, but you can just bring a socket set.

The side underspoilers are held on by 4-5 clips on the underside that you pop out, then slide the underspoiler toward the front of the car. Then pull outward. If the donor car is being junked I'd take the clips from the side in case you are missing any, there's a lot of them. Some may come off with the underspoiler.

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
The rear lip is held on by two Philips screws at both ends, and a series of bolts on the underside, all the way across. I can check what size, but you can just bring a socket set.

The side underspoilers are held on by 4-5 clips on the underside that you pop out, then slide the underspoiler toward the front of the car. Then pull outward. If the donor car is being junked I'd take the clips from the side in case you are missing any, there's a lot of them. Some may come off with the underspoiler.

Thanks! Great info! :worthy: For the rear will I be able to remove the bolts with the mufflers on? Also when I go to install on mine will it have holes for these bolts or will they have to be drilled?

For the sides will it be obvious how the clips "pop out"? The are getting quite rare and I would hate myself if I somehow broke them. :Stupid Me:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The exhaust shouldn't get in the way. Your rear bumper cover will need to be drilled.

The 4-5 clips I mentioned are just like fender liner clips or the clips that hold the top of the front bumper cover on (black and round). Just pop up the middle part, then pull the whole thing out. For the clips on the sides (white and square), after you remove the underspoiler, you should be able to pull them off or you may need to squeeze them with a pliers to release the tension so they come out.

The black clips you can still buy. The white ones, well you should have plenty between the ones already on your car, and the ones on the donor car.

I may still have the installation instructions for the front, rear, and side underspoilers. The front and rears came with a paper template that you taped on so you could drill. You can still do it obviously, it just may take some extra effort to make sure things line up.

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
The exhaust shouldn't get in the way. Your rear bumper cover will need to be drilled.

The 4-5 clips I mentioned are just like fender liner clips or the clips that hold the top of the front bumper cover on (black and round). Just pop up the middle part, then pull the whole thing out. For the clips on the sides (white and square), after you remove the underspoiler, you should be able to pull them off or you may need to squeeze them with a pliers to release the tension so they come out.

The black clips you can still buy. The white ones, well you should have plenty between the ones already on your car, and the ones on the donor car.

I may still have the installation instructions for the front, rear, and side underspoilers. The front and rears came with a paper template that you taped on so you could drill. You can still do it obviously, it just may take some extra effort to make sure things line up.

Amazing! I know what clips you are talking about. Thanks sooo much,:omgbd::omgbd: such a huge help. If its not too much trouble I would love to see those instructions. If you can't find them, no worries I should be able to figure it out. Do you think those templates are still available at the dealer? Or would it be something you only get when you buy them new?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hondapartsunlimited.com's accessories list says they still have rear underspoilers available in two colors (I somehow doubt it) but if so, they may be able to make a copy of the template and mail one to you, or maybe your local dealer could find some if you ask. Otherwise they only came with the front/rear underspoilers when you bought them new.

A good place to go might be Tim at OEMAcuraParts.com (our old site sponsor), he was really nice and helpful when I dealt with him. Maybe he could find a template somewhere...

If you can't find one, you can either make your own or just tape the lip onto the bumper (making sure it's centered and secure where it needs to be), then drill the holes where the brackets are. You'll have to drill the holes four the screws as well.

I'll see if I have the instructions, since we can't attach PDF's still I'll have to email them to you, so PM me your address.

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
Hondapartsunlimited.com's accessories list says they still have rear underspoilers available in two colors (I somehow doubt it) but if so, they may be able to make a copy of the template and mail one to you, or maybe your local dealer could find some if you ask. Otherwise they only came with the front/rear underspoilers when you bought them new.

A good place to go might be Tim at OEMAcuraParts.com (our old site sponsor), he was really nice and helpful when I dealt with him. Maybe he could find a template somewhere...

If you can't find one, you can either make your own or just tape the lip onto the bumper (making sure it's centered and secure where it needs to be), then drill the holes where the brackets are. You'll have to drill the holes four the screws as well.

I'll see if I have the instructions, since we can't attach PDF's still I'll have to email them to you, so PM me your address.

YOU ARE A GOD! I will look into those places about getting a template. Thanks again for your help. I will PM you my email.

Back