Fenco Rack n pinion?

accord_luv

Reaction score
would you guys buy a Rack n Pinion from autozone, advanceautoparts or nappa?

advance brand is fenco=$289..
-got a buddy that works there that can get it for me for $199 after core

autozone brand is duralast=$222 after core

not sure what napa's brand is..$300+

OEM at honda =$407

tried to search for reviews on google but only found a few.. not sure if you guys here have any input on it or not.

installing it on the car on saturday.. i got a buddy that works at advance so i will be buying it at the "commercial" price which helps out.. also baught some moog outter tie rods.

just want to see if anyone has any experience with these brands

thanks in advance

eggs

Reaction score
i work for advanced, i have not seen any rack and pinions come back being defective or anything in the year that i have worked for the company. Fenco seems to be a reliable brand, but just remember they are reman so you could have issues. Also see if the OEM honda one come with the tie rods already attached

i have heard that Duralast parts have issues, i get lots of customers coming in and complaining about duralast products

and i have not heard anything about napa parts since the only on in my area went out of business

accord_luv

Reaction score
Thanks egg. thats good to hear bro.. i will be going with the fenco rack then. hopefully i dont get a bad one *knock on wood*

the OEM honda set only comes with the inner rods.. i would still have to purchase outter rods if i went with oem.

im giving my friend who works at acura $200 to install it for me. he's also installing my rear wheel bearing hub as well. i know how much of a PITA it is to install these parts so im not even going to try and attempt it.

all in all..i will end up spending around $530 with all the parts and install
parts: moog wheel bearing hub, moog outter rods, and complete fenco steering rack

if i went OEM. i would be spending around $725

i hope im making the right choice..

eggs

Reaction score
Glad I was able to help you, smart idea having your friend who works at Acura doing it, and he is giving you a great price for all the work

Back