DIY SCS Service Connector and SRS Reset

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Remember, this is only a temp fix.
If it is the seat belt sensor (Which it usually is) that will be covered as it has a lifetime warranty.

But here's the catch, although you know what the problem is (seat belt sensor) Honda will still charge you an evaluation/inspection fee just to verify thats the culprit.
If it is, they will fix it for you for free, but you will have to pay the evaluation fee.
I'm not sure if that policy has changed over the years, but that was the case when we all had accords with that problem.
LOL

mossberg

Reaction score
Remember, this is only a temp fix.
If it is the seat belt sensor (Which it usually is) that will be covered as it has a lifetime warranty.

But here's the catch, although you know what the problem is (seat belt sensor) Honda will still charge you an evaluation/inspection fee just to verify thats the culprit.
If it is, they will fix it for you for free, but you will have to pay the evaluation fee.
I'm not sure if that policy has changed over the years, but that was the case when we all had accords with that problem.
LOL
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I'm not going to pay the Honda dealer an evaluation fee (unless it's $20 or less) just so they can confirm a code that I already pulled.

If any of you guys has a DIY SCS service connector you no longer need because you no longer have an Accord, feel free to send it to me! I'll cover postage of course.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I'm not going to pay the Honda dealer an evaluation fee (unless it's $20 or less) just so they can confirm a code that I already pulled.

If any of you guys has a DIY SCS service connector you no longer need because you no longer have an Accord, feel free to send it to me! I'll cover postage of course.

You can just shop around ad difference honda dealerships
Ask their service dept that do they charge and so forth.
Just explain the situation and see what they tell you..
You may find one that says "ok, we will check it first and if it is the seatbelt sensor we wont charge you anything"

mossberg

Reaction score
You can just shop around ad difference honda dealerships
Ask their service dept that do they charge and so forth.
Just explain the situation and see what they tell you..
You may find one that says "ok, we will check it first and if it is the seatbelt sensor we wont charge you anything"
Good idea. :waytogo:

Back