G23 Frankenstien

Status
Not open for further replies.

skabone

Reaction score
stick with boltons. I wouldn't do anything crazy unless you actually take ownership of the car.

Egi7

Reaction score
Guys just wait a minute. Some of you are misinformed about the G-series or (f23/h22) hybrid motor. The head fits perfectly, the h23 and h22 on the f23 block, a write up is on honda-tech about it. The head swap is a very good option, iam currently building one now, and one of my friends has just finished his f22/h23 head swap. Its hauls like a whipped mule, with less than desirable tuning. The swap is not that expensive and cost considerably less than a full h22 swap. H22 will cost $2400 without the cost to get it dropped into the bay, not to mention the other host of problems you will encounter before the swap is complete. The G-motor has tons of potential, Pirate Mcfred on Honda-Tech, pulled 200 hp and 186lbs of torque at wheels on his f23/h23 hybrid using Crower 3's, stock intake mani, stock bottom, stock throttle body, generiec header, h22 pistons. There is a guy in florida who built a G23 vtec (f23/h22), and boosted it to 10 pounds, using stock head and stock bottom with only 8:3 compression, pulled 300 hp 270 lbs at the wheels !!! Here is the graph
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/hondarider4thg/wallyg2310psi.jpg[IMG]
Makes B20 vtec's cry

Like I said before iam currently building a G23 non-vtec, I have a semi built head
( turbo ported and new valve job)chipped P06, jdm sir h22 accord gearing, stage 1 camshafts. I will be finished this summer and probably the first 6th gen to complete this swap. Then I will boost..hehe
Here is a pic of the head
[IMG]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/Egi7/DSC00278.jpg

No disrespect to the h22, but the G-series is a very good option for any f23 owner looking to be different, save some money, and haul some ***. the 97mm stroke is great for torque and with a dohc head the breathing a higher rpm is drastically better. In non-vtec form and in Vtec form its a monster when boosted or all motor.

Egi7

Reaction score
Get a V6?, those are fast ( the 03-06) but they are not cheap by a long shot. A h22 swap would be cheaper than a full V6 accord. The frank is cheap and it produces nice results, Priate produced 200 hp 187lbs with for only $1000 and thats G23 non-vtec. Before that he ran 187 hp 172lbs for only $600. The ideal swap for a buget, for those who are interested in the frankenstien is, H23 head, h23 header, f23 intake mani, cam gears, and some oem rsx pistons ( they are 86 mm bore just like the f23 block and they have 11.3 compression), or just stick with the f23 pistons and you will prob. run 9:8 because if the h23 head, which is higher than the f23 compression. A 2004 V6 is a $25,000 car at least, and the 98-02 V6 cars didnt come with a stick and has faullty auto trannys, plus the aftermarket is slim. Iam only spending $700 on my build and I didnt have any parts lying around, and I will run a H23 in the ground and give a stock h22 a good race, come May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back