Vtec Controller Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelplus

Reaction score
Ya guys, I'm back with the ever so famous POS AC vtec controller that use to work but then stopped working... heres the story...

last summer i had it installed but it wasn't connected to the corect harness and some how it worked but stopped at 60mph and would set a rev limiter on it.. so anyways, tonight i put the bitch back in and hoked up the vtec switch, now i need to find the damn RPM signal wire that runs to the computer... I already have that wiring diagram from customtints, and that doesn't tell me **** besides where the vtec wire is..... ALSO, im not sure if there is a vtec pressure switch on our cars becuase that diagram doesn't specify.. and theres two different kinds of ECUs that this can go into... PLEASE help me!!!

my other choices is to ask a dealership, but im afraid they'll just laugh at me and tell me other **** like they wont work on it or something... any other ideas where i can get this fixed tomorrow? well PLEASE let me know.

thanks guys.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why not just take it out all together, get a VAFC and boomslang harness so you don't have any wiring troubles and you know it'll work better. Obviously its not hooked up right if it sets a rev limiter and only lets you up to 60mph.

Trust me, cut your losses and start fresh.

angelplus

Reaction score
uhm, anywhere, just seach google.. not the answer i was lookin for greg, but i know what you mean.. but im pissed i've been trying to find out information on this since the summer and im obligated to finish it

angelplus

Reaction score
i hate my car. did exactly waht it said to do and my car just wont let me install this Fin thing.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
can you install vafc's on the 4 bangers? i think i read somewhere that its almost pointless to do so. not tryin to knock anyone, but im jw, cuz ive thought of getting one, and what exactally are the benefits of having the vafc?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
According to Apexi's website the VAFC isnt meant for our SOHC VTEC engine, it will work but you have to set the VTEC cross over point to be static instead of variable. In my book that means pointless and not worth the hassle.

clevengercm

Reaction score
the VAFC 2 is though...honduh.com has a few long threads that go into this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back