I4 to V6 Swap...Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
Where does this notion of wiring being extremely difficult come from. Let's say you get an H22a4 fromthe usdm 97-01 prelude, the obd2 one. How would the wiring be any different form any other swap, i.e. civic integra and the b series.

exactly! take a obd2 H22A4 and wiring will be child play!

theaccordian

Reaction score
man this swap is sounding better and better. Only if i could get by the whole requiring the engine to be equal or later year of the car to be legal thing. *sighs*

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
man this swap is sounding better and better. Only if i could get by the whole requiring the engine to be equal or later year of the car to be legal thing. *sighs*
thats sucks man. you only missed it by one model year too!

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
you don't have just to respect the 2002 emissions standard or you can't put a engine in your car older than the body ? like putting a 2001 H22 in a 2002 Accord is not permet in USA ? if so, that's sucks!! oh man this is bad!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
TitaniumACC said:
you don't have just to respect the 2002 emissions standard or you can't put a engine in your car older than the body ? like putting a 2001 H22 in a 2002 Accord is not permet in USA ? if so, that's sucks!! oh man this is bad!
yes, this is true. the engine MUST have been produced after the chassis to pass the emissions inspection. even if the engine is clean enough, states like cali wont even hook your car up to the sniffer if your engine doesnt match. if you live in a place where you dont have to be smogged, you can say screw it and do it anyway, like most of wisconsin :D see, we have more to offer than beer and cheese and snow, although the first thing is the sh!t haha. spotted cow is the bomb. try some if youve got a chance to. its brewed about 25 miles from my parents house. too bad that miller sucks so much...its about 15 miles from where i am. ahh random thoughts.

EDIT: you can do anything you want if your car was made before 1973. anything before this is exempt from emissions. not that it concerns us or anything.

theaccordian said:
whos with me EH?!?!!
im close enough to canada, so i might as well. road trip, eh!

Last edited:

Muyo

Reaction score
young r. tune said:
why swap da v6 to a 4cyl?

Cause H22A owns the 98-02 Accord J30 because of the ****ty auto tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back