DIY LED.. white needles/Climate control/Cruise/door/clock/

Crimzon

Reaction score
FYI for users doing this not all clusters came with white needles.

Is there an easy way to know for sure whether the needles are white under the paint? i4 vs v6, year, etc? I think the white needles look pretty good, wouldn't mind giving this a shot...

metrick1235

Reaction score
Yea only on the driver side. It says auto and it lights up. I haven't seen any info on weather or nor you can change it.

Hmmm well i have no idea.. i checked mine last night and my "auto" is painted on... so i have no idea..

Bax

Reaction score
Yea only on the driver side. It says auto and it lights up. I haven't seen any info on weather or nor you can change it.

Correct me if i am wrong, but it should just be a circuit board type thing under the buttons with an led soldered on.

Jefe02

Reaction score
Correct me if i am wrong, but it should just be a circuit board type thing under the buttons with an led soldered on.

Most likely you are right. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before. Once work slows down and i have a little free time i will see if i can figure it out.

Bax

Reaction score
Most likely you are right. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before. Once work slows down and i have a little free time i will see if i can figure it out.

I haven't seen it done on our cars, honestly i haven't even looked at my window switch at night to know if it does actually light up or not haha, but i remember seeing it on another car i know, and it was just an led that you have to unsolder and you just solder the new led in it's place.
I don't remember what car it was, but i know it was somebody doing a red theme in his car.

Jefe02

Reaction score
I haven't seen it done on our cars, honestly i haven't even looked at my window switch at night to know if it does actually light up or not haha, but i remember seeing it on another car i know, and it was just an led that you have to unsolder and you just solder the new led in it's place.
I don't remember what car it was, but i know it was somebody doing a red theme in his car.

Yea i bet your right. I changed all my interior lights to red leds and that's the only one that isn't red. Its not a huge deal but it kinda bugs me sometimes lol. I tend to get anal about little things like that if there not perfect. I'm sure its not too difficult.

Back