Transmission ??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't upshift from 1-2-D3-D4, it doesnt help anything. Dont brake torque either. Just leave it in D3 and from a stop sorta ease into it so you dont spin the tires and then just floor it. I've done it all at the track, street, and backroads, just leave it in D3.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
when you leave it in D3, the rpm goes faster correct? RPM meter goes higher...if that is the case wouldn't you engage VTEC quicker that way?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
when you leave it in D3, the rpm goes faster correct? RPM meter goes higher...if that is the case wouldn't you engage VTEC quicker that way?

Rpm's yes, they're higher the faster you go. I dunno about engaging VTEC any quicker.

angelplus

Reaction score
okay, well leaving it in D3 will proly get you less MPG on your rig, so if you're not racing or having fun in your car, leave it in D4, but if you dont care, and like having the high RPMs of the D3 then do that, faster response IMO when the RPMs are higher...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
D3 for normal driving, shift to D4 for highway. D3 helps a lot in the hills which is where I do most of my driving.

Muyo

Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
so does anybody have a positive answer for my question?

your question is stupid thats why nobody has answered, its common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back