Another Noob from Florida :)

Zecrono

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am excited to say this is my first Honda and I am looking forward to many years of ownership. My cousin had a 95 Coupe with about 310k on it before the odometer stopped. He said it probably had half a million miles on it when he sold it a few years later for 500 dollars haha. Anyway, this is now my 4th car and it is by far the best one I've had yet. It is a 2001 Coupe EX with a manual with only 100k miles. :love:

I have 2 problems that need fixing to make it 100%. Would you guys mind helping me out a bit?

The clutch makes a squealing sound when I'm just sitting with my foot off the clutch in neutral. I barely touch the pedal and it goes away mostly. I really don't want to replace bearings since I literally just got the car lol. Do you guys think this would work for our cars, as I'm not that familiar with the interchangeability of certain Hondas? (JK I have to wait a week to post the link, just put this in google: Clutch squeak, need help. Fixed now a guide Team-Integra)

Also, the passenger window doesn't seal all the way. One side of it comes up and seals, but the other half of the window isn't really that close to sealing. I have to open the door and push it up for it to seal. The regulator is fine, is there a way to easily re-center it perhaps?

Thanks everyone! Here are some very non-professional pics for your viewing pleasure. (once again I'll add them in a week...)

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Welcome!

You're throwout bearing is probably on its way out it sounds like. You may want to try isolating the sound more.

As for the window, how close is it to sealing? There are several bolts that mount the regulator. Maybe you could loosen all of them and push the regulator up ever so slightly and retighten.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, glad you got a manual.

The waiting period for posting pics/links/etc is in place due to the surge of spammers we have had in the past.

Zecrono

Reaction score
Welcome!

You're throwout bearing is probably on its way out it sounds like. You may want to try isolating the sound more.

As for the window, how close is it to sealing? There are several bolts that mount the regulator. Maybe you could loosen all of them and push the regulator up ever so slightly and retighten.

I narrowed it down to the rod at the end of my slave cylinder rubbing on the inside of the ball. It was really gross when I cleaned it out and I put some more anti-seize on it, which killed the squeal thank goodness. EricTheCarGuy has a great video on getting everything out for a noob like me.

As for the window, half of it will seal and the other half is lower (as in off-centered). With the window rolled up all the way, there is an obvious gap on the half toward the front of the car. Quarter inch? Maybe less. I'm getting it tinted soon from a local shop and I'll see if the guy can take care of it.

Zecrono

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, glad you got a manual.

The waiting period for posting pics/links/etc is in place due to the surge of spammers we have had in the past.

Oh ok, I got you now. I never understood what people got out of spamming sites in the first place. Anywhoo, I'll quit being so salty about the links haha.
I've never driven a manual Honda till now and I completely understand why people love them so much. Getting a shift just right is buttery smooth and honestly gives me goose bumps.
She is definitely a gigantic improvement over my last car, an 00 Toyota Celica GTS. I could rant about that car all day tbh. :chainsaw:

james'99

Reaction score
As for the window, half of it will seal and the other half is lower (as in off-centered). With the window rolled up all the way, there is an obvious gap on the half toward the front of the car. Quarter inch? Maybe less. I'm getting it tinted soon from a local shop and I'll see if the guy can take care of it.

I do recall my buddy having a similar issue. But it no longer occurs. He had a sedan. I'd just verify the entire assembly. See what you come up with.

Zecrono

Reaction score
I do recall my buddy having a similar issue. But it no longer occurs. He had a sedan. I'd just verify the entire assembly. See what you come up with.

Did he happen say how he fixed it? The crappy tint that was on it was starting to peel off and when you would put the window up it would press against that tint and prevent the front half from sealing. One of these days I'll get to it (I ripped the old tint off in the meantime). I just have to resist the urge to put the passenger window down. That is fine by me, considering the inside is luxury car levels of quiet and doesn't rattle a bunch like my Celica used to.

James do you know of a way I can post like 3 photos of my car even though I can't post links for awhile? Thanks for your help too btw :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh ok, I got you now. I never understood what people got out of spamming sites in the first place. Anywhoo, I'll quit being so salty about the links haha.
I've never driven a manual Honda till now and I completely understand why people love them so much. Getting a shift just right is buttery smooth and honestly gives me goose bumps.
She is definitely a gigantic improvement over my last car, an 00 Toyota Celica GTS. I could rant about that car all day tbh. :chainsaw:

Me either. It's like the pop ups you still get on some websites, etc...annoying advertising doesn't make me want to buy someone's product lol.

A college buddy had that bodystyle Celica and all I know is when sitting in the back my head bumped the roof and I'm not a tall person.

James do you know of a way I can post like 3 photos of my car even though I can't post links for awhile? Thanks for your help too btw :)

There are photo albums in your User CP you can upload photos to, but they usually have to be pretty small so it can be a PITA (this feature is a bit outdated). Best to use an image sharing site like Photobucket, just that you have to wait to do that.

Or since you're a nice guy if you upload them to photobucket and post the links (with a space in them as a cheat), I'll post the photos for you. :)

Zecrono

Reaction score
Me either. It's like the pop ups you still get on some websites, etc...annoying advertising doesn't make me want to buy someone's product lol.

A college buddy had that bodystyle Celica and all I know is when sitting in the back my head bumped the roof and I'm not a tall person.

There are photo albums in your User CP you can upload photos to, but they usually have to be pretty small so it can be a PITA (this feature is a bit outdated). Best to use an image sharing site like Photobucket, just that you have to wait to do that.

Or since you're a nice guy if you upload them to photobucket and post the links (with a space in them as a cheat), I'll post the photos for you. :)

Yeah the headroom on those Celicas are terrible. I'm only 5'10 with a fro and my head hits the roof over bad bumps (not just my hair my whole head lol).

You are the best! Thank you so much! :High 5:
http:/ /s1382.photobucket.com/user/zecrono123/library/Accord

DBO867

Reaction score
I narrowed it down to the rod at the end of my slave cylinder rubbing on the inside of the ball. It was really gross when I cleaned it out and I put some more anti-seize on it, which killed the squeal thank goodness. EricTheCarGuy has a great video on getting everything out for a noob like me.

youre lucky, mine is the throwout bearing, been driving around a lil over a year with it. it doesnt really bother me, since i got used to it, but i will be swapping it out within the next month. and WELCOME!

Back