Rivalry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

245/45ZR-17

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I have a big rivalry going on right now...

Basically my car(sig) and his 2000 Olds Alero, it has a 2.4L 4cyl DOHC rated at 150hp, and as of yet he has an ebay intake... :rolleyes:

We are practically dead even, from a stop he edges me out barely, and from a roll I pull on him barely.
He recently put in an order for a header, underdrive pully, and catback. :eek:

What is the best hp per dollar mod I can do? Intake? Catback? Header? I've heard that pullies do crap for our cars. Does anyone have dyno sheets of before and after runs with different mods?

Muyo

Reaction score
Why is your username the tire size?

And why is your friend even bothering modding out a Oldsmobile Alero? :rolleyes:

But onto your question best HP per dollar is nitrous, but looking at the things you listed I think the header will give you the most power out of the 3.

245/45ZR-17

Reaction score
I'm a Mustang guy, and back when I started posting on Mustang boards the stock GT tire size was 245/45, so naturally...

My friends a hot rodder, and mods everything he owns, just becasue he can... :shrug: You'd be surprised the aftermarket the engine in his car actually has.

Nitrous is out of the question, but anyway, will a header do much with the stock cat, and catback...

Muyo

Reaction score
Not much, it will work best with Intake and a nice catback exhaust. No need to be messing with the catalytic converter with just them mods, you wont notice much replacing it, just a lot of noise.

245/45ZR-17

Reaction score
*Update*

We raced last night he installed the header and exhaust a week ago...

We went about 5 times. From a stop he pulls in 1st, and after that my car gets into its powerband, and I pull ahead pretty hard. With a good launch I would pull a full car length on him. From a roll I would pull slowly to about half a car.

To add some salt to the wound I had a full tank, and even beat him once with the a/c on. :D I like my car even more now. Still want an intake/header though.

justvtec

Reaction score
You know i heard 1 off my friends say that ur car will go alittle faster if you leave the A/c on i told that was one of the stupidest things i ever heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back