my exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, after waiting since january 8th (order date) for my HKS axel back exhaust, im tired of waiting and emails that say they expect it next week. so i called them today and canceled the order. so i get to keep my $370 and i think im gonna go with the Megan cat back (as it was reccomended to me). anyone ever heard anything bad about it? cuz i think im gonna get that and eventually the megan 4-2-1 header too, and with my megan racing high flow cat, ill just throw it all on at once, fun fun. so give me some feedback on this, and im not buying greddy, i know theyre good and whatever, but theyre too expensive for my tastes.

im planning on ordering the cat back from www.optionimports.com , so if anyone has any feedback on them id like that too, cuz i just found the site, and have no experience with the company.

i wont buy them both at once, tho i would like to, cuz im going to be buying an alarm very soon, ill prolly even order that and have it installed before i get the exhaust. viper 5000 alarm + shipping ($14.47) is $214.46 then ill need to have it installed. any helpp with what i should get first or w/e would be great, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

retroshark

Reaction score
i actually have that exact cat back on my car. now im gonna give you the pros and cons:

Pros:

its a well build exhaust. the welds are very neat and the exhaust is actually nice looking and solid.

heres a sound clip: http://www.mfellerman.com/w2box/data/muffler2.mov

personally, i think it sounds okay, but its loud nside the cabin without the silencer.

Cons:

the exhaust tip is big. if you lower your car or go up a driveway, you will dent it, as i have many times.

the silencer seemed to be made a little too small, so it rattles, even when secured tightly (now that may just be an issue with mine in particular, but if it happens, i cna tell you how to fix it)

its not the best exhaust system ever, but its not bad.

So in conclusion, if money is tight, get it. otherwise save an extra $!00 and get something a little better. im actually considering selling mine and getting a greddy or apexi exhaust, since i want a more stock look to the car and a little less loudness without a silencer.

hope that helps

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i think you were tellin me to look at the megan stuff before. and actually, since your only cons were like, dragging and the silencer, which i prolly wont use, then i shouldnt have any problems with it. ill prolly get it, but i deff think im going with the alarm first, cuz well, ill feel safer knowing i actually have some kind of security on my sh!t now, ya know? especially since last septmeber. ill most likely be getting the header and cat back after tho, cuz well, those are some good prices in my book, haha.and since i already have the high flow, theirs a whole new engine back exhaust for me :D. thanks for the info btw ;)

retroshark

Reaction score
hey, if i take the exhaust off my car, would you be interested in it? ill sell it for around 200 and its about 4 months old.

okasu

Reaction score
lol damn sketcho what did u do? Everyone just hates you for some reason... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back