Altenator

j35_cg2

Reaction score
I run an 03 Honda Odyssey alternator. Also run an 03 Odyssey engine but the output is better. Not sure of the amps but I know there is a thread on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eksine

Reaction score
the accord alt is 90amps and the odyssey alt is 130 amps, some may be 105 amps. theres a seller on ebay selling high output alternators for both vehicles. theres a 160amp and 220 amp for the accord and odyssey respectively. it doesn't matter how many amps the alt puts out the car only uses what it needs. you can't fry the electrical unless you have a device trying to pull more than what the power wire can handle. on these cars they use 8 gauge ground wires so there's your answer. the problem with high output alts is that it will strain the engine more esp at idle, more amp output strains the engine, puts a greater load on it. stick to the oem alt amp output unless you really need it for something

dave123

Reaction score
the accord alt is 90amps and the odyssey alt is 130 amps, some may be 105 amps. theres a seller on ebay selling high output alternators for both vehicles. theres a 160amp and 220 amp for the accord and odyssey respectively. it doesn't matter how many amps the alt puts out the car only uses what it needs. you can't fry the electrical unless you have a device trying to pull more than what the power wire can handle. on these cars they use 8 gauge ground wires so there's your answer. the problem with high output alts is that it will strain the engine more esp at idle, more amp output strains the engine, puts a greater load on it. stick to the oem alt amp output unless you really need it for something

Thanks for the reply-exactly what I needed to know

Thanks for the response-exactly what I needed to know

Last edited by a moderator:
Back