New to the Honda game

LazyBandit

Reaction score
Hello all,

Like the title says, I am new to the Honda game. I have always wanted one (parts being cheep and easy to swap over from model to model). I have a Mk1.5 Focus that I was dailying before. Still have it, but I'm really excited about modding the Honda.

The Honda actually fell into my lap and I couldn't pass up the deal. It has 160xxx miles and is ****ING C.L.E.A.N. on the interior. I picked it up from a friend for only 400 American Pesos! Mechanically its sound. Doesn't really leak oil and was a good commuter car for my buddy. Like any vehicle I have ever had, I cannot leave it stock for long. I have had it a week and I am already modding it.

My plans...

Near Future
It's an LX so...Disc brakes. I already scored a complete rear brake setup (sans ebrake cables) from a local junk yard for 125 bucks and I got some new pads for it in the mean time. I also want to go 5 lug in the future just for wheel options. Yesterday I picked up a sway bar and strut bar from an 01 CL-S (search FTW). That car also had a complete set of knuckles and whatever else I'd need to do the 5 lug swap. New bumper skin and Passenger fender.

Distant Future
Coilovers. Low but usable and comfortable for DD. Larger rear sway bar. Another front strut bar. Poly bushings for sway bars. TL-S brakes or something equivalent. SS brake lines and Dot 4. Different radio. Different stock seats (more bolstering and in tan to match my interior).

Very distant Horizon
H22 swap, or some decent turbo swap of sorts. Go manual. Search for more rigidity. Sticky tires. Lighter wheels. Cosmetic things (different headlights, possibly finding a trunk with an OEM spoiler, I'd LOVE a Type R front grill, better/lighter wheels). This one will probably grow with time hahahaha.

Back