Brake Upgrade Options

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
the 4 cylinder ex model accords were still 4 lug and had rear disc brakes, so you would use everything from there. the parts you need from the ex are the rear knuckles, hubs (which come complete with the wheel bearing), calipers, pads, rotors, brake lines, and ebrake cables. everything will swap right on.

Thank you.

suenoz

Reaction score
so just to clarify all i need is the rsx type s rotors and I can just reuse the accord calipers and brakes on them? I just want to know before i tackle this project this week. Thanks in advance for the replies.

2002 accord exl v6

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Your front rotors are 11.1" in diameter, so an 11.8" diameter rotor would not work with the stock bracket.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Not sure, you would have to dig around on various Honda/Acura sites to see what you can find out.

suenoz

Reaction score
i looked around and could not find any other info on this specific upgrade. I thinking a 28t bracket but i not for sure

suenoz

Reaction score
guess i wont be doing the upgrade after all i could not find anything else on the rsx swap so im going to just go with my cars original rotors instead

penielsalazar

Reaction score
hey guys new here , I have been searching for days now I can't find a direct answer. So , I'm wondering if by chance you guys know if I could do the Rl caliper bbk on a 4lugs . If Is possible, can you pass me the info . Thanks

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Working on making a Brembo BBK kit available to most of the Hondas out here using the Hyundai Genesis coupe front brembo calipers. Testing different rotors at the moment.

The calipers themselves are direct bolt ons unlike the Acura TL Brembos that have larger holes that require spindle swaps.

These Genesis Brembos fit perfectly to factory equipment and can even reuse stock brake hoses.

Should post updates within the week.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Working on making a Brembo BBK kit available to most of the Hondas out here using the Hyundai Genesis coupe front brembo calipers. Testing different rotors at the moment.

The calipers themselves are direct bolt ons unlike the Acura TL Brembos that have larger holes that require spindle swaps.

These Genesis Brembos fit perfectly to factory equipment and can even reuse stock brake hoses.

Should post updates within the week.

Nick!!

Dang, Brother, good to see you're still around.

Happy New Year, hope all is well.

And because I am lazy, how would this setup compare to the RL BBK?

Last edited:
Back