Poly Lower Strut Mount Bushings?

F23Fanboy

Reaction score
I am currently looking to replace my front lower strut mount bushings and I want to go ahead and make the upgrade to Polyurethane since I already have coilovers and the rides already stiff so I might as well go with a stronger bushing. My problem is that apparently no one makes them for our vehicle but by looking a little browsing on Prothane's website I discovered the stock replacement here

http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/moog-k9761

now if you look at the applications list it says that it also fits the 1992 to 2001 Prelude (base model) and if you go to the products listed for the Prelude it lists this

http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/8903

Now it lists these bushings as "Front Shock Mount Bushings" But since the Prelude uses the same suspension design as our Accords I take it that there is a mixing and matching of names for the same product and that it is in fact the lower strut mount bushing. Anyone else this they will be interchangeable or know of anyone that makes a polyurethane lower strut mount bushing?

604ACCORD

Reaction score
You have to measure the inner sleeve length, the Prothane 8903 kit has a inner sleeve length of 2.040". There is like 5 different kits listed in the instructions all have different inner sleeve lengths, check the install instructions on the link.

F23Fanboy

Reaction score
You have to measure the inner sleeve length, the Prothane 8903 kit has a inner sleeve length of 2.040". There is like 5 different kits listed in the instructions all have different inner sleeve lengths, check the install instructions on the link.

The Prothane kit I have linked is #8903 which lists the inner sleeve at 2.040"
and I just got off the phone with MOOG's technical hotline and they gave me a inner sleeve length of 2.070" for the MOOG part that I linked so the sleeve will work just fine.

Back