Wheel Fitment Thread

truWarier02

Reaction score
I'm starting to not like Falkens now. They tend to cup a lot and they start off quiet but get noisy fast. I might try Hankook V12s next.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Really? I was thinking about Falkens for my next setup. I hear nothing but good things about Hankook though.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am about sold on those Yokohama Parada's, but of course there is still some research to do on other potential tires.

Heard alot of good things about the Hankook's as well. Wasn't aware that the Federal's offer a good stretch. Which ones are recommended?

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
I am about sold on those Yokohama Parada's, but of course there is still some research to do on other potential tires.

Heard alot of good things about the Hankook's as well. Wasn't aware that the Federal's offer a good stretch. Which ones are recommended?

Federal SS 595. Just got mine in this week.
The stretch is alright. I've seen better. But overall it is GREAT for the price.

Mine were about $315 shipped.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I'm starting to not like Falkens now. They tend to cup a lot and they start off quiet but get noisy fast. I might try Hankook V12s next.
Hankook Ventus V12s are an awesome tire and they have a really nice looking stretch (IMO best looking stretch of all the brands and models I've seen). V12s have very soft sidewalls though, and my front pair basically got destroyed in six months. I bad bubbles all over the inner sidewall and the tread got worn down super fast. I still have the same rears though, and I put them on January 1st, 2011. So just to put that into perspective, the rears lasted me a while for having a 280 treadwear. They're on their last leg though. I've flipped them twice now and the tread on the outside now is completely worn down lol.

I love the V12 other than the soft sidewalls. If you hit your control arms a lot they WILL get destroyed. Otherwise they are a great tire. Very quiet, affordable, and they stretch very nicely.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Federal SS 595. Just got mine in this week.
The stretch is alright. I've seen better. But overall it is GREAT for the price.

Mine were about $315 shipped.

Hankook Ventus V12s are an awesome tire and they have a really nice looking stretch (IMO best looking stretch of all the brands and models I've seen). V12s have very soft sidewalls though, and my front pair basically got destroyed in six months. I bad bubbles all over the inner sidewall and the tread got worn down super fast. I still have the same rears though, and I put them on January 1st, 2011. So just to put that into perspective, the rears lasted me a while for having a 280 treadwear. They're on their last leg though. I've flipped them twice now and the tread on the outside now is completely worn down lol.

I love the V12 other than the soft sidewalls. If you hit your control arms a lot they WILL get destroyed. Otherwise they are a great tire. Very quiet, affordable, and they stretch very nicely.

Appreciate this feedback, Gents, thank you.

JF, what size tires did you get?

Kevin, your front tires were 225 40 18 and 9" wide rims?

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Kevin, your front tires were 225 40 18 and 9" wide rims?
I am running a 215/40/18 on an 18x9.5.

Pic of the stretch.

5412506856_3e6b895d2d_z.jpg

If they offered a reinforced version where the sidewalls had extra steel bands I would buy them again in a heartbeat. My favorite tire I've ever run. Second being Nitto NeoGens. All NeoGens have reinforced sidewalls but they stretch a little weird and they can't be flipped.

Last edited:
Back