mx5Kev's Accord V6 Coupe,EUDM, new pics (56k warning)

mx5kev

Reaction score
Worked a bit on the AV6. I finally did my valve clearance and spark plugs. I'm pretty happy with how it looks inside, pretty clean, camshafts do not look worn. A bit of coal in the EGR lines. May be a good thing to clean it completely one day. And it would allow me to change the cam end cover seal too that I think is leaking a bit.

85 euros at the stealers for the intake gasket...

Anyway, I have cleaned my head covers with Cleanazur boat bilge cleaner, I have never seen any products more efficient on burnt oils. It looks like new :

Had a bad surprise with the distributor, the seal was dry and oil leaking. I have changed it with the o-ring seal. Had to order it in the us, it was not locally available...

And I am still waiting for the distributor cap gasket, ordered at Honda, still not arrived in a week, and the old one was dead because of the oil that leaked on it. I've put it back, hope I'll receive it soon.

Pretty happy now, I think that my engine is leakproof for now. I'm a bit of a maniac about that.

The car feels quieter and smoother, so far so good.

I also did the led dash cluster upgrade. I did it green for the 90's look. I like it. I think I'll just have to do something about the clock led, it's too powerful and at night it's hard for your eyes :

That's all, I think I'm almost done for now with maintenance, everything is working. Next step will be bodywork.

And on monday and tuesday I'll do a 1500km trip for a new job, in Italy as there is fewer speed traps I'll try to hit the top speed maybe. It depends on the trafic. And Fuel consumption, I want to reach at least Switzerland with one tank as the gas is pretty expensive in Italy.

mx5kev

Reaction score
Some news, Did a little work, I changed the shaft lip seal on the gearbox, the one on the top, I do not know the exact name, the one used to select gears and reverse.

I had to go out today, and as I had some time, I took some pics in Monaco Port. As usual, the weather was bad :(/>

Still waiting for some parts, and for the exhaust guy to recenter the exhaust tips. I hate those slow people.

mx5kev

Reaction score
Hi guy's,

I'm back in the south of France for a few day, I had some changes in my life recently. I came back to pick up the ATR. That's why I wasn't much posting recently. So luckily I wasn't in Nice last night and my relative are fine.

I have a Kaisenspeed belt tensionner, 8 brand new LMA's, new belts, spark plugs waiting to be fitted on the car. It'll be done before the HEM where I'll will test it on track on the saturday morning. Maybe some of you will do the trip there?

Today I went to Nice to do the A/C gas refill, only 200 grams added, not bad for a 17 years old car. 39 euros only at a Renault workshop. Who's better than Renault for my unreliable Honda? :evil4:/>

On sunday, way back to the north of France, loaded to the top with all my tools, like big facom jack etc etc. Bike on the roof, I'll have to be pretty careful.

Oh yes, I took some pics in Eze on the way back of the ATR in its current state. The clear coat is peeling more and more, it's sad.

About my AV6, it's still running strong, just topped the 190 00 kms. I use it daily, and I'm still happy with it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What a beautiful place to live. I know I say that every time you post but I can't help it ha. Just wow.

The clear coat is failing on my car too, I feel your pain.

Maybe a stupid question, but do you like your AV6 or ATR more and why?

mx5kev

Reaction score
What a beautiful place to live. I know I say that every time you post but I can't help it ha. Just wow.

The clear coat is failing on my car too, I feel your pain.

Maybe a stupid question, but do you like your AV6 or ATR more and why?

Well thanks :)

Yep, your question is quite silly, because they are totally different cars. It doesn't feels like it's the same chassis.

The ATR would be painful to drive everyday, the clutch is really hard, it toughen your left leg, so does the steering, no cruise control, no automatic A/C, no rear power window, ride is hard as hell, and it's loud.
I really enjoy using it during the week end to go for a drive in the hills, or to a trackday, but in town, it's a nightmare.

The AV6 is the opposite, I really enjoy to drive it to work, it's quiet, good sound system, all the necessary options, it's confortable, and it's an automatic which is a dream in the trafic.

It's hard to choose. The ATR especially the engine, is good only on racetrack, maybe a Rally Stage. The Av6 is just right in town and on the highway.

In French we say "L'ATR est bonne pour faire la course, l'AV6 les courses" It's some kind of pun, it would translate into the ATR is good to race the tracks, the Av6 to race the mall.

Back