HID bulb help!

sleeper4bngr

Reaction score
Well I have had my HID kit for about a year now and one of my bulbs blew. I know, I know, its a cheap kit if it already blew but that's besides the point. My question to you guys is... Can I buy any 9006 set of HID bulbs and attach them to my ballasts and HID kit I have? Or do I need to find the bulb made by the company that made my kit? The reason I ask is because I can no longer find the website for the company from who I bought my kit. Thanks in advance.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
lol...fly by night HID company :lawl:

but seriously, look at the connectors just behind the bulb. they should be the standard amp ones, one blue and one red (or a yellow one). if there are 2 connectors, you should be able to use any 9006.

should as in...most likely, but whos knows, since the company is already gone? :lawl:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
lol...fly by night HID company :lawl:

but seriously, look at the connectors just behind the bulb. they should be the standard amp ones, one blue and one red (or a yellow one). if there are 2 connectors, you should be able to use any 9006.

should as in...most likely, but whos knows, since the company is already gone? :lawl:

I was thinking the same thing. "Hmmm lets sell some $hitty HID kits with a warranty and 'Go out of business' in about 1 year". :lawl:

OP, buy your kits at DDMTUNING.COM or any other business that sells many other parts other than just HIDs. They are likely to stay in business longer....

sleeper4bngr

Reaction score
yea i know cheap kit tho, couldn't pass up the price. And I know my ballast has a red and yellow wire attaching it to the connector. Thanks for the help guys.

Back