Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: __2013 April Update w/ Pics__ Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Decided to relocate one of my aux led lights. One of them was in front of my gage cluster, which wasn't doing any good job, so I decided to relocate it into the arm-rest compartment............

Richard, you keep giving me idea's that I really want to do. You've gotta stop, I can't keep up. Lol

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: __2013 April Update w/ Pics__ Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

^ Lol. I'm to obsessed w/ this car lol.

I'm pretty sure I'll be following my to-do list accordingly from now on, after getting rid of my hotspot on my gage cluster & putting my new custom badge on my trunk. Once I'm done w/ those, I can finally start moving on to upgrade my front bumper w/ the lip kit in my mind. :)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's '02 CG2

From that huge mod list I was expecting to see allot more, lol but it's super clean. :thumbsup: keep up the good work
To better respond to Vlad's words, I updated OP w/ a few more pictures from different posts b/c a picture is worth a thousandwords.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Okay, as I promised to reveal the "Grandma's secret" method of removing those tough adhesives after the badge removal, here it goes:

:puke:
IMAG2581_zps65968305.jpg

Yes, the secret is Mayonnaise! :rock: The adhesives become jellified, after rubbing it with some paper towels for a while. I think it's the grease that plays the trick, meaning that using non-fat Mayo won't work.
IMAG2583_zps460ad521.jpg

Scraping them off w/ Mayo applied. (Later I discovered that it's best to just scrape them w/ finger nails; It won't scratch the paint since Mayo rubricates the surface.)
IMAG2584_zpsb439ef5f.jpg

It's very hard to tell the badge marks unless looking at them very closely in a certain angle.
IMAG2586_zps389c72f1.jpg

I've always been wanting to do this sometimes, and it's finally accomplished. :)
IMAG2587_zpsd646c5bb.jpg

So, it was da Mayonnaise lol. No Goo-Gone, acetone, or any of those harsh chemicals that harms the paint surface. Mayonnaise ftw!

When I had my side pinstripes removed, there were some marks afterwards but they disappeared after one summer season. I'm sure these ones will be gone as well.

-------------------------------------------

Revised the mod list & added some photoshoot pics I took yesterday. → Spring time shot and a dusk shot at my usual spot for the shoot. :D

Last edited:

Shadow1

Reaction score
Re: \(^o^)/___May 7th 2013 Update___Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

mayo? seriously? lol. nice man. awesome home remedy. haha.

LeAccord

Reaction score

Lol ! I was expecting to see a big squeeze bottle of mayo .. :lawl:

I might debadge mine now .. thanks for the motivation Richard .. :rolleyes: hahaha

Mikey

Reaction score

Mayonnaise?!? Seriously??? :lawl: That's great.

It's funny that you looked at Caravan wheels. Both your BBS and the Caravan wheels look very similar to the OEM v6 EX wheels, lol.

You and Chris are both furthering my inspiration for going wingless. Sometimes I dislike coupes without spoilers but then sometimes I love it. Thinking about removing it and plugging the holes, just to see how I like it. If I do I'll go ahead with the trunk swap. If not, I'll put it back on.

I think I found the badge plates for the Fit but now that I know they'll fit I might pick email up later.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

mayo? seriously? lol. nice man. awesome home remedy. haha.

Lol ! I was expecting to see a big squeeze bottle of mayo .. :lawl:

I might debadge mine now .. thanks for the motivation Richard .. :rolleyes: hahaha

Mayonnaise?!? Seriously??? :lawl: That's great.
Yeah, I'm dead serious fellas lol. I think it's the safest adhesive remover for a body paint. :thumbsup:

Well, some of you already know that I am a barista. One day, I was trying to remove a sticker on the espresso machine. I got it off but the adhesives were not being so cooperative. One old lady (a customer) was watching my job the whole time, and she walked up to me and said, "Try mayonnaise." She definitely deserves a rep point right there lol.

It's funny that you looked at Caravan wheels. Both your BBS and the Caravan wheels look very similar to the OEM v6 EX wheels, lol.

You and Chris are both furthering my inspiration for going wingless. Sometimes I dislike coupes without spoilers but then sometimes I love it. Thinking about removing it and plugging the holes, just to see how I like it. If I do I'll go ahead with the trunk swap. If not, I'll put it back on.

I think I found the badge plates for the Fit but now that I know they'll fit I might pick email up later.
Yes indeed, Mikey. :boink: I was looking at Acura A-Spec, 3rd gen Odyssey, 2nd gen Saab 9-3, 4th gen Subaru Legacy Outback, but the Caravan wheels inspired me the most lol. I learned my lesson; You never know what's out there for an inspiration lol.

Sounds like a plan. I'm pretty sure you'll like it w/o, since you've been seeing enough w/ it. ;)

That's cool you found it that fits. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score

Holy update batman!

Very jealous still of your hip pads. I have looked freaking everywhere. I don't speak or can read Chinese or Japanese trust me. I love the CG 2 emblems as well.

The car is looking great man. :rock:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Dont be fooled by thinking mayonnaise is the safest thing out there. If you leave it on too long on warm paint it WILL eff things up. :coffee:

Back