Shut down in reverse

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Yeah the electronics remain on just the engine shuts off. And no giving it gas doesn't help because soon as you release the clutch, the engine dies

Geewiz

Reaction score
Yeah the electronics remain on just the engine shuts off. And no giving it gas doesn't help because soon as you release the clutch, the engine dies

Forget how to shift? lol. Planning on swap late summer. lowering it soon.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
why would a mechanical issue shut the car off in reverse? :thinking:
pretty sure its electrical and pretty sure its going to be a nightmare to track and fix :sad:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
your cars electronics have no idea it is in reverse except for the back up lights, it is all mechanical that operates the reverse

and since you said the cars engine dies and electronics stay on, it leaves me to rule out a short in the reverse lighting wiring.

the only think i can say is try and follow the reverse wiring and see if anything is exposed or pulled loose

eggs

Reaction score
your cars electronics have no idea it is in reverse except for the back up lights, it is all mechanical that operates the reverse

and since you said the cars engine dies and electronics stay on, it leaves me to rule out a short in the reverse lighting wiring.

the only think i can say is try and follow the reverse wiring and see if anything is exposed or pulled loose
could there be something wrong with the linkage?? idk its just a thought... doubt that it would be relevant

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Forget how to shift? lol. Planning on swap late summer. lowering it soon.
way to make constructive posts.....

What mechanical can you think of that would cause the car to shut off?

also when it dies does it just cut out smooth? or does it jerk and stall like someone who doesn't know how to drive a 5speed?

iHazSnail

Reaction score
So the problem was EXACTLY what i thought it would be. Tuner connected the auto plug to the EMS along with the manual. Removed that and its all good now.
Thanks a lot for all the input guys and especially Mathew for rapid response :)

Back